The Supervisor – Service Engineering plays a crucial role in the day to day operations of the Service Engineering team within our Managed Services organziation. Service Engineering and Service Delivery resources look to this role for support in the resolution of escalated incidents. A Supervisor is also responsible for managing the documentation and processes used by the Service Engineering and Service Support resources in their daily activities. Delivery of training and mentoring in Service Engineering processes are also among the responsibilities of the supervisor. This role may include supervision of engineers who supporting different technical stacks, including but not limited to:
- MSWindows2003/2008/2012 Server and Active Directory
- UNIX/Linux systems
- Hardware from vendors such as EMC, HP, Cisco UCS, etc.
- Citrix, Terminal Services/RDS, and virtual desktop environments
- Microsoft Exchange and SQL
- Virtualization technologies including VMware, HyperV, and/or OVM.
- Storage administration/SAN technology
- Backup software and technologies
- Understanding of Cloud and “as-a-service” concepts
General supervisory activities include scheduling, performance counseling, and preparation of periodic reports on Service Engineering performance. Supervisors may also manage new customer transitions and other service change related projects as they relate to the Service Support team. The candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and leadership skills as well as a thorough understanding of common IT administration business processes.