Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate proper completion of service orders by their due date, handle customer complaints and repairs and service outage and major cable damage notifications.
- Select competent staff in accordance with legal, Corporate and department hiring guidelines. Develop an effective staff by motivating, training, and evaluating employees.
- Develop an effective staff by motivating, training and evaluating employees. Manage employee performance through coaching and guidance, assignments and workload, trianing and team dynamics.
- Provide a safe work environment for employees and eliminate accidents by providing safety training and reinforcing safety requirements on the job.
- Contribute to a positive Company image within the communities served by ensuring that prompt, courteous service is given to customers, and acting as the Company's representative within the community. Serve as point of contact for customer complaints.
- Monitor workload and manage work schedules to ensure labor efficiency and meet service demands (i.e., overtime, weekends, evening work, etc.).
- Ensure that all company equipment is inspected and routinely maintained according to established specifications to minimize equipment failures and out of service reports.
- Promote harmonious and productive working relationships with utility, municipality and government-related entities by coordinating outside plant facility-related work activity with these entities.
- Schedule periodic inspections and tests of equipment to prevent service interruptions.
- Manage monthly departmental budget and expense guidelines.
- Actively support sales and marketing efforts within assigned geographic area.
- Actively promote the sale of CenturyLink products and services. Assume other duties as assigned.
- Bachelordegree in business, a related field, or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to build group commitment to company goals and objectives.
- Minimum five (5) years of telecommunications industry experience which demonstrates a basic knowledge of telephony and outside plant construction and repair practices, and current knowledge of digital switching systems, various transmission systems and central office power systems, broadband experience and VoIP technology or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Work leadership experience that demonstrates involvement in planning, directing and monitoring the work of others and ability to build group commitment to company goals and objectives.
- Work experience that demonstrates strong analytical and/or problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and/or mainframe computer systems and related software including two or more of the following: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Verbal and written communications skills to interact with technical and non-technical contacts.
- Basic knowledge of emerging and advanced communications technologies.
- Experience or training in how to read and interpret outside subscriber plant facility records, maps and symbols.
- Specific functional experience working with on-line service order systems.
- Demonstrated presentation skills that include the ability to effectively respond to customers needs through the promotion and sale of equipment and services.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and coach employees in a large group in the promotion and the sale of CenturyLink products and services.
- Experience and working knowledge of emerging and advanced communications technology
Alternate Location:US-Michigan-Maple City