At COUNTRY Financial, the Supervisor - Quality Assurance will be responsible for overall quality of the software delivery within a specific department. He/She should be able to partner with domain leads to identify specific opportunities for improvement, define measurements, and track progress. They will also be responsible for regular review of Software Quality metrics to identify and communicate successes and emerging areas of focus.
This role provides leadership for those involved in the development, design and optimization of one or more information technology and systems functions supporting company business processes and technical information systems platforms. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis, selection and modification of enterprise systems, application software, installation of network hardware/software and database management, preparation of budgets, schedules and feasibility studies. Provides direction for the effort required to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems. May be involved in planning and coordinating all aspects of projects specific to their respective area of assignment. Utilizes subject matter knowledge of user group for practical application of system characteristics. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Provides leadership by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Sustains information systems results by defining, delivering, and supporting information systems; auditing application of systems.
- Assesses information systems results by auditing application of systems.
- Enhances information systems results by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing application strategies.
- Safeguards assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by determining service level required; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and activities in assigned areas. Maintains current contact information for all employees in applicable areas and communicates with non-recovery employees during a disaster.
- Fosters the highest level of commitment among our people through transparent communication about business challenges, successes and results.
- Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, take action and control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
- Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
- Manage FTE and variable testing staff.
- Partner with Release PMs to ensure quality delivery of test deliverables and to monitor overall release progress.
- Ensure Automated Regression pack is maintained and updated.
- Work closely with TCoE to ensure consistent Metrics reporting across the enterprise.
- 5+ years experience in Quality Assurance; 3+ years in a supervisory capacity.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of information technology or related experienceOR,
- Master’s degree and at least 4 years of information technology or related experienceOR,
- At least 8 years of information technology or related experience.
- And at least 1 year of lead experience.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate