The Production Supervisor will work with the Director, Production to establish a high quality continuous improvement culture, focus on problem solving using tools such as 8D, implement value stream mapping and lean principles. The successful candidate will manage multiple complex priorities simultaneously with a “hands on” style. The candidate must exemplify true leadership in developing their team and in general building credibility in Veeco. The person in this role will direct Final Test activities to meet production goals, quality and cost objectives and will priortize Final Test schedule and resources based on customer requirements, design releases and materials supply.
- Supervise Final Test efforts to meet quarterly/annual plans. Establish operations planning model which serves the needs of business.
- Assist with annual budget, resource plan for Production. Monitor and perform within forecasted expenses and inventory targets.
- Develop organization – training, mentoring coaching and leading organization. Evaluate strengths/ weaknesses and take action to ensure long term health, productivity, and a high-performance culture. Create and execute succession plan.
- Institutionalize continuous improvement using 8D problem solving. Ensure closed loop feedback from quality escapes to customer site to drive corrective action. Strengthen procedures and structure around Final Test activities such as work flow planning, tracking progress and troubleshooting.
- Track and present key performance indicators (KPI’s), lessons learned, and corrective actions monthly.
- Participate in regular meetings with partnered outsource providers to review schedules.
- Identify gaps in production process and make recommendations as required to sufficiently remedy issues.
- Develop schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas.
- Supervise, organize, and engage Final Test employees.
- Review performance of employees regularly to ensure improvement.
- Support cross-functional activities for new product development.
- Manage the flow of components and assemblies to meet the needs of the production schedules.
- Make budgetary recommendations to provide production workers tools and equipment as needed.
- Deliver sustained improvements to safety policies, practices and procedures.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or a related technical area and at least 5 years of experience with large-scale, complex, electro-mechanical equipment/systems in a manufacturing environment is required. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Direct people supervisory/management experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with ERP systems is required; SAP preferred
- Experience implementing and sustaining lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, and 5S initiatives in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with semiconductor capital equipment and vacuum systems is a plus
- Skilled with MS Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills