The Process Engineering Supervisor will work on the development and sustainment of our deployed clinical diagnostic products. The primary function of this position will be managing a team supporting system implementation, engineering and sustainment of our clinical diagnostic pipeline. The role will work closely with operations, product development and software development groups. The ideal candidate will have experience interfacing with development teams and facilitating the port of lab protocols from product development into a clinical laboratory. Furthermore, the candidate should a have analytical skills and interest in interpreting data to drive process optimization and QC. Experience in molecular biology methods for nucleic acid applications and sequencing would be beneficial.
- Manages a team of engineers supporting Clinical Laboratory operations.
- Development/sustainment of methods on automated liquid handlers.
- Design and execution of experiments to support process changes.
- Works with multifunctional teams to gather process requirements and provide appropriate project scoping.
- Supports Clinical laboratory and product development process engineering needs.
- Analyzes process data to help drive sustainment and development efforts.
- Be a technical and integration representative for Operations on cross functional initiatives.
- Works closely with scientific, bioinformatics, engineering, software, commercial and Quality teams to develop, transfer, and sustain products in the Clinical laboratory.
- Supports and troubleshoots existing processes and provides guidance on potential enhancements.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
The Process Engineering Supervisor will follow the financial guidelines set by the organization.
Attend and lead team meetings, and interact in a positive, professional manner.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D., M. S., or B.S. Degree in Engineering, Molecular Biology or related field.
- 8+ years of industry experience; System integration and lab management experience strongly preferred.
- Experienced in defining requirements for lab workflows and LIMS systems.
- Familiar with automated liquid handlers such Biomek, Tecan and Hamilton.
- Statistical background for data analysis, process monitoring and QC.
- Background with validation and verification processes in a regulated laboratory.
- Ability to think innovatively toward solving problems effectively and efficiently.
- Adept inter-personal skills to contribute to cross functional project teams and work with stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
Job ID : 10299-JOB