The successful Shift Supervisor candidate will direct the activities of a production team at the Brunswick Power Station and be able to perform the duties noted below in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, codes, and regulatory requirements:
1) Oversee a production team at the station;
2) Ensure the station is operated safely and reliably in accordance with all company, local, state, and federal policies and regulations;
3) Support the training and qualification program;
4) Act as the liaison for the station with the Market Operations Center, System Operations Center, and Power Generation Operations Support team;
5) Provide operational and technical advice to management;
6) Lead and mentor production employees;
7) Complete production qualification program;
8) Provide leadership in the implementation of policies, procedures, and work methods;
9) Coordinate operational activities with other departments at the station;
10) Ensure equipment is maintained and available;
11) Develop operating and maintenance guidelines such as training material, alarm response procedures, operating procedures, preventative maintenance procedures, and equipment inspection guidelines.
12) Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Must have availability to work nights/weekends and off-hours call out.
In addition, the Supervisor must have the flexibility and willingness to support other supervisory roles including shift relief and training.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
Qualified applicants will possess the following skills/experience :
1) Power station supervisory experience;
2) At least 7 years of fossil power station operating and/or maintenance experience
Other required knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences:
1) Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
2) Advanced knowledge of power generating station operations, typically gained through considerable related work experience;
3) Strong written and oral communication skills;
4) Through understanding of power generation safety and environmental regulatory requirements;
5) Strong personal computer skills (strong MS Office proficiency, including PowerPoint);
6) Proven decision-making skills;
7) Strong organizational skills;
8) Ability to learn quickly;
9) Basic knowledge and applications of mathematics, chemistry and physics;
10) Ability to solve problems and to process information quickly;
11) Working knowledge of labor contracts and employee relations;
12) Ability to analyze and develop recommendations and solutions to problems;
13) Ability to present training to groups of up to 20 people;
1) Experience/knowledge of fossil power plant operations and maintenance;
2) Supervisory experience;
3) Engineering or Associate's degree in a technical field;
5) Working knowledge of SAP business management software or similar systems strongly preferred;
7) Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Schedule software
Trained/Licensed Control Room Operators are highly desirable.
Education Level: Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Associate