Energy Transfer Partners is a master limited partnership that owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. In total, the Company owns and operates approximately 62,500 miles of natural gas, crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids pipelines, terminals, and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and refined products.
- Position responsible for supervision of pipeline operations, technical and maintenance activities through the direction of station operators, technicians and pipeliners as well as perform project management for district.
- Provide guidance to resolve operational problems as required. Work unified with shared service departments to maintain consistency with all areas of business and maximize benefits of all departments.
- Support of capital projects through project commissioning activities.
- Ensure equipment reliability and efficiency with the support and use of the preventative maintenance initiatives developed by the Operations Excellence group.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations, company policy and company required maintenance inspections.
- Prepare and manage technical maintenance expense budget to complete required repairs/upgrades at a minimum cost and perform budget re-forecasting as appropriate.
- Knowledgeable of emergency plans and procedures to take prompt and appropriate action in an event.
- Strong Knowledge of 49 CFR 195 and pipeline/Facility construction.
- Provide recommendations for system operational improvements through submission of capital and expense projects as part of the annual budgeting process.
- Support and assist with all HES training activities, updates and compliance with HES policies and procedures.
- Provide supervisory relief in various areas in the event of a pipeline emergency or business need.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and 5 years operations and maintenance supervisory/management experience in a liquids or gas pipeline/facilities operation or 10 years' experience as a supervisor/manager of operations/maintenance in a liquids or gas pipeline/facilities operation.
- Must have knowledge of maintenance and repair of pumps and motors. Must possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment or independently as the workload requires. Must have a well-rounded maintenance/operational background and strong technical/mathematical skills.
- Technical expertise in control, SCADA, and communications systems, a plus.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company regulations including DOT, OCC, EPA, OSHA, etc.
- Contribute to cost estimates and planning of projects and act as project manager. Must be able to successfully pass OperatorQualifications.
- Supervisory experience within a union workforce, preferred.
- Knowledge of collective bargaining agreement, a plus.
- This position is "On-Call" 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Tracking Code 7877-323