Description: Supervises and promotes Clinic Infusion Services for patients requiring infusion therapies and provides process and compliance expertise in sterile product preparation, and assures that pharmacists and technicians provide appropriate, cost-effective pharmaceutical care to patients of Office Infusion Clinics.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of Office Infusion Clinic pharmacy and staff to ensure timely completion of workload and completion of tasks.
- Manages the budget and does benchmark analysis of Infusion Services which assures use of most technologically advanced and cost efficient processes and services; incorporates defined best practices into the service.
- Assists in providing recommendations and implementation which assures regulatory compliance to sterile product preparation.
- Maintains policies and procedures relating to Infusion pharmacy operations and professional practice standards.
- Provides qualitative and quantitative results related to operational areas and contributes to organizational cost effectiveness and performance.
- Helps manage the planning, operation, and problem-solving guidelines to meet the required service levels, standards, and goals of the department.
- Proactively provides accurate resolution to inquiries, concerns, and potential complaints with a focus on quality, safety, and member retention; continuously strives to improve provider satisfaction.
- Assists in development of performance standards and on-going reporting mechanisms to evaluate staff operational performance.
- Assists in establishment and implementation of departmental performance reports.
- Demonstrates adherence to universal precautions and aseptic technique.
- Maintains and increases standards of performance and education.
- Assures customer/personnel safety by maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment and by adhering to company safety programs.
- Takes initiative to increase job knowledge through additional training, cross training skills development, and continuing education.
- Manages staffing needs of the infusion pharmacy. Position will require routine staffing duties by the supervisor.
- Obtains, interprets, and evaluates all physician medication orders for appropriateness, cost effectiveness, accuracy, safety, and completeness.
- Accurately compounds and checks compounded sterile products.
- Communicates clinical and technical information and monitoring to other members of the healthcare team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaborates with facility personnel on infusion pharmacy services.
- Oversees pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in the clinical activities of the infusion/oncology department.
Range of hours (variable): Mon.- Fri., 7:30am- 4pm or 8am- 4:30pm shifts.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience mixing and distributing intravenous therapy preferably in managed care settings required.
- BS or Pharmacy D. degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacist licensure in appropriate jurisdiction(s) required.
- Knowledge of technological and business developments and trends in Infusion Therapy and Hospital relations, particularly as related to managed care environments, required.
- Familiarity with IV therapy procedures and technologies; sterile technique and infection control procedures and software applications related to infusion and customer satisfaction tracking required.
- Ability to set priorities for self and staff in a rapidly growing, highly technical service.
- Ability to design and manage processes and systems to assure program efficiencies and cost-effectiveness in a competitive business environment
- Knowledge of infusion pharmacy business practices and qualitative and quantitative practice measures.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and to delegate and motivate appropriately to ensure success of the program.
- Demonstrated customer focus and customer satisfaction successin previous work environment.
- Management or supervisory experience and demonstrated ability to manage budgetary resources in a cost effective manner preferred.
- Previous supervisory or experience in a lead position preferred.
- Oncology and/or Home Infusion pharmacy experience preferred.
Job Number: 620995