The Woodlands, TX - Talen Energy is currently seeking an experienced Payroll and Benefits Supervisor to support and lead the company’s benefits and payroll processes, which include both union and non-union employees. The talent we attract and encourage now will underwrite our future and share in our commitment to our core corporate values. This is a great opportunity for a self-driven detail oriented professional to join our company and work in one of our corporate centers located in The Woodlands, TX. This individual will report to the Director of Employee Services and will be responsible for the timely administration of our payroll and benefits programs. To ensure success, the ideal candidates will provide a demonstrated expertise with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the payroll and benefits function. This position may require limited travel for training or to business locations as needed. EOE M/F/D/V
- Supervise team of two professionals in the corporate center.
- Supervise the administration of all payroll, compensation and benefits functions.
- Track trends, provide monthly reports/data and recommend ways to achieve cost savings.
- Act as main point of contact with Alight, Talen’s co-sourcing partner for payroll and benefit administration.
- Process monthly billings from providers.
- Review billings for accuracy and approve payment in a timely manner.
- Resolve discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- Stay informed of all state and federal requirement changes as it relates to payroll and benefits in all states and communicate these changes to management.
- Assist in the design and distribution of materials and summary plan descriptions.
- Work with Director of Employee Services to roll-out wellness plan initiatives and benefit/payroll communication plans.
- Provide support to area employees, HR Business Partners, and Supervisors as needed.
- Perform related job duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 6years of payroll and benefits administration experience is required; or a Masters Degree in Human Resources Management and a minimum of 4years of the aforementioned experience is required.
- WorkdayPayroll System or other third party administrator experience is preferred.
- Strong mathematical ability and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Skills, with focus on Excel is essential.
- Confident, bright, articulate, innovative, highly motivated self-starter with a high energy level and a spirit of team effort and cooperation, and of the highest integrity.
- Strong decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills are necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all levels of individuals within the company are essential.
- Prior supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
- Workdayexperience is preferred.
- Experience with Pension and 401k administration is preferred.
- Union experiencepreferred.
- Experience in dealing with multi state or multi-employer plans.
Number of Openings