- Inspecting, supervising and coordinating the repair and maintenance of any building mechanical, electrical, life safety and envelope systems.
- Liaising with tenants regarding any requests for services or information, ensuring issues and concerns are resolved to the tenant’s satisfaction.
- Organizing and overseeing mechanical and electricalcontractors performing base building and tenant improvement work.
- Ensuring all systems are operating in an efficient safe manner and that related safety guidelines set out in provincial Environmental Health and Safety legislation, and company policies/procedures are being met.
- Providing guidance, coaching and direction to 13 operations and maintenance staff on a day to day basis, giving regular feedback.
- Preparing and presenting Operations and Maintenance staff performance reviews at the review board and meet with individual staff.
- Completing checks of and making any required corrections to Tenant Billing System for each version and submitting to Shared Services by the 15th of each month.
- Working within Budget constraints.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
This individual requires superior customer service skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal with difficult situations diplomatically. This successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of operational and technical issues in an effort to provide direction and leadership to the Operations and Maintenance departments and efficiently interact with Construction, Security, Tenant Services, and Building Services. The position demands flexibility (able to work on call and over time as required) and a high degree of organizational and administrative skills to manage a variety of priorities and changing deadlines.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a large commercial multi-tenant building.
- Supervisory experience in a similar capacity leading large teams.
- Project managementexperience.
- Proven customer service skills
- Fourth Class Power Engineering Certification
- Trade certificate would be an asset
- Completion of leadership/supervisory/management training