Supervisor of Portfolio Management - Business Banking
POSITION SUMMARY This position will supervise a team of Loan Portfolio Managers and Senior Loan Portfolio Managers within Webster Bank's Business Banking department, who collectively oversee and help to mitigate the Credit & Operational Risks within the small business loan portfolio. The individual will be responsible for oversight and coordination of the day-to-day administrative functions related to credit quality maintenance, risk grade management, covenant compliance, line maturities, loan documentation and collateral tracking. This position will personally manage a small portfolio of complex and/or high dollar Business Banking loan relationships, and will routinely monitor them for risks inherent in a business loan portfolio. This position must foster strong partnerships with the related documentation and underwriting units, as well as the Relationship & Regional Managers who support new acquisition efforts. This position will also provide support to the Group Manager of the department on continuous improvement initiatives and will take the lead on projects that support loan growth and efficiency objectives of the Business Unit. The individual will help deliver an industry-leading experience for both internal and external customers and will assist with escalated situations when necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Manage a team of Portfolio Managers and Sr. Portfolio Managers.
* Recruit new team members and provide on-going training & performance management functions for direct reports.
* Monitor and maintain a small portfolio of Business loan customers and alert senior management to issues which affect portfolio quality.
* Manage the renewal and modification process for loans and lines of credit by coordinating the underwriting and document preparation process to effectuate timely document execution.
* Perform routine, thorough reviews of loan relationships and ensure accurate risk grades and data integrity in the portfolio at all times.
* Identify revenue generation and cross-sell opportunities within the existing customer base and work closely with Business Banking partners on shared relationships.
* Support and deliver superior customer service to business relationships and bring consistent customer experiences throughout the Bank's footprint.
* Support the Bank's loan payment collection efforts to remain within targets for past dues and charge-offs and identify and support the transfer of problem loans to the Restructuring & Recovery Unit. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS * Bachelor's Degree required - Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
* Minimum 10 years of related experience -- Commercial credit experience required. Strong credit skills with the capacity to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of a wide variety of credits
* Strong oral and written communication skills -- ability to lead a diverse group of banking professionals
* Comfortable in customer contact situations including escalations and potential work-out/loan restructure environments.
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task
* Efficient time management skills