- Manages, analyzes and coordinates the daily activities of the unit to ensure departmental productive goals are met with regards to quality timeliness, accuracy and consistency of medical and correct code billing decisions.
- Coordinates department activities and special projects to ensure quality, SLAs and timetables are meet.
- Conducts inventory-monitoring activities including, but not limited to: claims, SRs, and appeals.
- Manages, analyzes and coordinates the daily activities of the unit to ensure departmental productivity goals are met with regards to quality timeliness, accuracy and consistency of medical decisions.
- Identifies and champions process improvements within department.
- Assists staff to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems.
- Serves on committees and teams as department representative.
- Directs staff to ensure overall client satisfaction and appropriate level of service delivery.
- Ensures staff meets all regulatory requirements, comprehends them and complies.
- Conducts continuous evaluation of workflows and seeks to improve processes that impact the department.
- Manages, develops and trains staff; develops and monitors goals; conducts annual performance reviews, and administers salaries for the staff.
- Knowledge of Healthcare Industry and claims coding required.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based environment, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes; Should be knowledgeable in the use of intranet and internet applications.
- Appropriate system knowledge for effective inventory management is necessary: UCSW, NASCO, Facets, Source One, EMM, EncoderPro and SharePoint databases.
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Requires strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Requires good analytical skills.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Requires a minimum of ten (10) years of experience within the Healthcare Industry.
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
- Requires valid and active New Jersey RN license.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Certification required or in current pursuit of Certification if leading a team of CPCs.