Supervises a team of analysts that investigate and study the market trends and events which aid in the resolution of issues related to the Texas restructured electricity market. Supervises the analysis of the market and formulates enhancements to the operations process. Provides assistance and support to other departments to interpret market events and trends to deliver solutions. Provides technical assistance to PUCT and represents ERCOT at stakeholder meetings.
Essential Job Duties and Tasks
- Coordinates internal and external requests to study market operations issues.
- Schedules work and reviews performance of market analysis team.
- Guides approaches to and execution of market analyses.
- Provides on-the-job training and coaching.
- Supports analysts in researching market participants’ questions related to the ERCOT market and addressing market participant needs on support operations.
- Analyzes market behavior for potential issues and communicates the need for change, if any, in market rules to stakeholders.
- Collaborates with colleagues to develop “best practices” policies and procedures and to identify and resolve issues to help create a flexible and efficient organization.
- Reviews presentation materials generated by other staff for stakeholder meetings.
- Communicates to stakeholders regarding the application of protocols.
- Provides input to the functional and architectural development of the market.
- Reviews and/or develops technical computer systems/programs and documentation requirements for new market analysis projects.
- Proposes and reviews new solutions for data acquisition and reporting.
- Oversees testing of new system changes when needed.
- Develops and maintains thorough knowledge of systems integration and operations needed to support clients' business needs.
- Reviews and approves staff timesheets and leave requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electric Engineering or related field or a combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with knowledge equivalent to a major in of such fields.
- Minimum five years’ (in excess of degree requirements stated above) of progressively responsible experience in electric utility industry.
- Supervisory or Lead experience, as demonstrated by project management, mentorship, or lead role experience, is preferred.
- Proven computer skills on common business applications such as SQL, EXCEL, and PowerPoint.