Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs and supervises maintenance, repairs, and inspections of all heating, air conditioning, ventilation, electrical, plumbing and security systems, to ensure continuous uninterrupted services that provide safety, comfort, and reliability to building occupants.
- Responsible for the assignment and subsequent review of maintenance requests and Preventative Maintenance work orders.
- Responsible for the activities of all maintenance personnel, including administration of personnel functions and disciplinary action as needed.
- Assure uniform compliance of corporate standards.
- Assist the Manager, Properties/Maintenance/Engineering in major renovation projects as needed.
- Responsibility for specific details of projects as outlined by the Manager, and provides back up as needed.
- Required to help develop and maintain building maintenance cost, salaries and overtime budgets.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of standards necessary to ensure consistent, cost effective levels of service.
- Responsible to ensure work is routinely reviewed for completion based on schedules and budget parameters.
- This position will plan and schedule personnel requirements as needed to provide coverage for services and emergencies as required.
- Serves as the backup for the Supervisor of Security Technology.
- Advanced technical education related to the operation of very complex building and energy management and security systems required.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent experience is defined as 4 years of professional work experience.
- 5 years hands on technical expertise in maintenance, electrical, HVAC, and advanced security systems required
- 5 years of supervisory experience required
- 7 years of industrial or commercial maintenance, electrical, electronic knowledge required
- Extensive knowledge of DDC Controls-patches, upgrades, graphics, security system technology,
- Extensive knowledge of highly sophisticated building management and operating systems as well as highly technical security systems.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical manuals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be a team player, be organized and have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles and accountability.