McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any othercategory protected by federal, state or local law.
Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. Help to direct the Maintenance Team to repair, improve, and troubleshoot equipment to help ensure production demands are met. Also, that the castings and pipe are produced in accordance with specifications and production schedules, at the most economical cost and at an acceptable customer quality. Work closely with and follow directions from the Maintenance Manager. Must be willing to work all shifts.
- Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the Pipe industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
- Manages Team Members involved with computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Supervises plant maintenance personnel.
- Ensures that maintenance Team Members are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance Team Members, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Assists with hiring of maintenance personnel.
- Conducts Team Member performance reviews to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Ensures that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
- Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Directs and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance staff.
- Coordinates activities with Plant Operations Manager and Assistant Operations Manager.
- Communicates directly with production departments to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Participates and is involved with monthly Rapid Improvement Events and other Process Improvement initiatives.
- Implements programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- Other duties as assigned to support and improve the facility.
- Bearings and Shaft Seals
- Drive Components and Conveyors
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Piping and Tubing Systems and Valves
- Rigging and Equipment Installation
- Other related foundry or manufacturing equipment maintenance
- Supervise stockroom as needed.
- Develop, with Engineering and Production, the plans necessary to replace existing equipment and/or install new equipment.
- Participate in communications between management, line supervision and subordinate Team Members.
- Develop tactical plans to administer company programs and strategies plans that relate to the Maintenance department.
- Must wear proper PPE such as, goggles, ear plugs, hard hat, and metal tarsal boots.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to speak and understand English, so that he can communicate effectively with other departments.
- Associates degree from two-year college in a related technical field or certificate or diploma from trade school in related field and ten years experience in maintenance and/or operation of a heavy manufacturing facility or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In depth knowledge of pipe plant, heavy manufacturing facility or foundry maintenance is an asset.
- Solid background, knowledge and understanding of electrical and mechanical processes in manufacturing plant.
- Experience with repairs and maintenance of processing equipment.
- Directly supervises maintenance staff.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Assists with interviewing, hiring, and training maintenance Team Members, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must have expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and instruct others on its operation.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to lead diverse groups of people with varying levels of education, expertise and backgrounds.
- Competent with CNC Mill, Manual Mill, Manual Lathe.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be dependable, detail oriented and cooperative.
- Demonstrated ability to follow safety procedures.
- Proven track record of excellent attendance, dependability and flexibility.
- Ability to learn the technical aspects of each machine.
- Ability to direct other Team Members consistent with Supervisor’s instructions.
- Proven ability to learn and to work aggressively in an efficient and effective manner.
- Demonstrate ability to follow directions as well as to make appropriate decisions.
- Probable damage to equipment or process in performance of duties.
- Exposure to disagreeable working conditions such as dust, dirt, heat, fumes, noise, and vibration, but not continuous or excessive.