Description: In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is responsible for managing the Service Desk technical support line in a fast paced, dynamic environment, and performing initial troubleshooting on client/server, networking, hardware/software, desktop devices, and end-user applications. This includes managing the major Incident process as it relates to all components of High and Critical escalation.Some of the unique challenges this position will face includemeeting the defined KPI targets as call volume increases.
- Manages individuals and/or teams in designated work unit by translating business plans into tactical action items; ensuring all policies and procedures are followed; delegating tasks to meet goals and objectives; overseeing the completion of work assignments; aligning team efforts; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; removing obstacles that impact performance; and guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly.
- Pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; training and developing talent for growth opportunities; delegating tasks and decisions; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; supporting execution of performance management guidelines and expectations; and working closely with employees to set goals and provide open feedback and coaching to drive performance improvement.
- Manages recurring and escalated problems.
- Manages troubleshooting efforts to identify and rectify problems.
- Manages efforts to analyze and prioritize incoming requests and alerts.
- Manages the service delivery process and outcomes for first, second, and third level support for products and applications by taking accountability for resolution of systems' issues.
- Follows and manages the development of standard operating procedures.
- Reviews and approves resolution proposal to prevent issue recurrence.
- Defines and manages key performance indicators (e.g., performance, availability, capacity)
- Promotes and ensures compliance in the use of a knowledge repository for technical support.
- Defines and manages procedures for incident escalation.
- Manages execution of disaster recovery, and business continuity processes and events.
- Manages after hours on call support.
- Manages the process for tracking and documentation by reviewing and updating documents, as appropriate.
- Manages analysis of incident data and trends to help prioritize efforts to improve system availability and performance.
- Reviews and approves departmental and enterprise changes to the production environment, according to established change control processes.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in technical support and troubleshooting.
- Minimum three (3) years in a leadership role working with IT or operational teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Social Science, Education, Business, Health Care or related field and Minimum ten (10) years IT experience in a support or operations environment. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Job Number: 671750