Under guidance of the Manager provides supervision and guidance to operational employees. Ensures site and employee performance are in compliance with global standards. Enhance product workflow by implementing cycle counting plans and processes that affect production, distribution, and inventory. Develops under-performing areas in inventory accuracy and rolls out improvements and provides resolutions to problems. Maintains relationships with internal/external customers and partners. Serves as a liaison to other departments including manufacturing, planning, shipping, receiving, and purchasing to resolve issues and implement process improvements. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: Cycle Counting program, SOP writing/updating, and project management. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
***THIS ROLE IS Mon-Fri, 5am-2:00pm PST***
- Oversees the performance and efficiency of staff executing cycle counts.
- Supervises the performance of site and operational staff
- Ensures Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures are regularly updated with most recent documents and information.
- Provides metrics and executes analysis used for decision making by upper management
- Works with local and regional management to ensure site alignment
- Interacts with management in Manufacturing, Production Planning, and the Warehouse to optimize inventory systems and procedures.
- Evaluates cycle count processes to ensure execution according to policy
- Acquires and maintains a clear understanding of the technologies utilized in Illumina’s products, parts and services.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of personnel supervision and development
- Must have 5 years related experience, preferably in a life sciences manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership skills, with excellent communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and process knowledge in an ISO/FDA regulated environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Strong project/people skills.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently.
- Excellent math skills, strong organizational skills and very detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Operations, Supply Chain, or related business field or equivalent years of experience.