$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
The Finance & Accounting Team has fiduciary responsibility for financial aspects of our end-to-end business, including all accounting and regulatory facets of Product, from 'Farm to Fork' … Facilities, from 'Greenfield to Sunset' … and Partners, from 'Recruit to Retire.' The team also oversees our Mexico Division's accounting, tax, and finance operations.
As a Supervisor II, Accounting, you'll supervise accounting specialists, encourage their development, and coach and inspire them to serve as the face of H-E-B for our internal and external customers. The scope of your responsibility will be based on the complexity of your team's tasks and deliverables, dollar amounts associated with your processes / programs, risk, and the complexity of your customer base.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. "Partner-owned" means our most important resources—People—drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE… ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS… expertise to serve a key role on accounting-related projects?
PASSION FOR RESULTS… drive to foster inspiration in department vision and strategy?
We are looking for:
- a bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field
- experience in accounting / finance, and in a supervisory capacity
What is the work?
- Supervises Partners who post / balance books of account (related to the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers) in more complex business areas defined by assigned team's tasks and deliverables, dollar amount of assigned processes / programs, risk, customer base, and customer service aspect
- Coordinates day-to-day operations of a team of Partners; assigns, monitors, and reviews progress and accuracy of work
- Prioritizes work assignments; manages team resources and related activities
- Leads team through change management / implementation
- Coaches, mentors, develops, mentors, and inspires assigned team
- Communicates / fosters department vision for the future for Partners, customers, and technology; supports translating the vision to strategy, supporting programs, and milestones; applies understanding of requirements to meet objects and implements / leads change
- Assists in building customer solutions; recognizes the span of choices to solve most needs; selects appropriate choice in each circumstance; understands materiality, speed to delivery, urgency, and risks
- Models / fosters customer service, H-E-B culture, and department vision and strategy
- Drives process improvement initiatives within department
- Fosters / maintains positive relationships with accounting-related stakeholders
- Ensures preparation and analysis of reports generated by department
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines; recommends appropriate variances
- Prepares complex account reconciliations; reviews account reconciliations prepared by others
- Reviews complex financial data; maintains documented records supporting financial forecasts used in actual and budget analysis
- Performs financial functions related to budgeting, auditing, forecasting, and analysis
- Ensures management / leadership understanding of rate and budget issues
- Conducts / may lead audits
- Performs complex analyses, and identifies / analyzes root causes
- Serves as key player in accounting-related projects
What is your background?
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, or a related field
- 1+ years supervisory experience (preferred)
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Supervisor II of Accounting?
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP and regulatory accounting practices
- Advanced PC, MS Office, and software skills, including word processing, database management, spreadsheets, and graphics
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
- Advanced research skills
- Strong verbal / written communication skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to coach and develop others
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and quickly shift focus
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships at all levels of management and Partners
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Sit for extended periods
- Work extended hours
Valid Through: 2019-11-13