Supervisor, Gas Scheduling will supervise his/her direct reports and coordinate with other team members to ensure the Tenaska Gas Scheduling department performs all necessary job functions to accurately schedule natural gas. The Supervisor monitors direct reports to adhere to strict timelines and provides guidance of accurate, timely nominations of gas purchases, sales, storage, and asset management on transmission agreements. The Supervisor understands how to seek out all necessary deal information and is able to communicate with internal and external sources to ensure accurate nominations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages, mentors and trains Associates, Gas Scheduling Analysts, and Senior Gas Scheduling Analysts
- Conducts annual employee performance reviews and provides to the Vice President – Scheduling. Conducts quarterly performance assessments for incentive calculations,Interviews potential new hires, and assists in the final hiring decision.
- Oversees the accurate and timely nominations of the company’s business, ensuring that employees have all necessary information to complete their nominations and oversees the workload coordination when employees are out of the office.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the United States natural gas transmission pipeline system and a strong understanding of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regulations, which the company must follow.
- Trains his/her employees in using the least-cost and most effective pathing of the company’s nominations.
- Oversees and assists his/her employees in the resolution of scheduling issues. Must be aware of how the resolutions affect other areas of the company’s business and costs incurred.
- Represents the company at various industry functions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Self-Starter – Works effectively and efficiently with little oversight. Does not require assignment of tasks, but sees worthwhile activities and initiates the appropriate effort. A self-starter showing a strong bias for action with a sense of urgency and high energy. Works within a collaborative environment to achieve improved results.
- Effective Communication Skills - Uses effective communication skills to manage communication and feedback within the organization. Ability to be candid, clear, and concise in communication. Uses appropriate style, tone, and delivery methods to effectively reach the intended audience.
- Leadership/Team Orientation - Displays leadership and team orientation by working collaboratively to achieve the organization’s success. Effectively practices a high level of good judgment and interpersonal skills; mobilizes and inspires others to take action (situational leadership); and is willing and able to lead beyond area of expertise.
- Teamwork – Accepts responsibility as a Supervisor and works to create high morale and teamwork. Actively attentive to the concerns of others and the development of their potential. Interacts successfully with people of all levels. Effectively delegates work and responsibility to achieve positive results.
- Results – Consistently completes assigned tasks and projects by meeting or preceding deadlines, and exceeding expectations of supervisor. Analyzes problems and makes well-reasoned, sound decisions. Plans, organizes and prioritizes workload to make best use of resources. Displays drive and initiative. Leads change and can translate business strategy into specific goals.
- Customer Focus - Maintains a customer focus by understanding the customer’s viewpoint. Be viewed by customers as a business partner who anticipates their needs and assures there are no barriers to doing business.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 6 or more years of relevant work experience
- 6 or more years of natural gas scheduling experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Office Outlook
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team along with having his or her own responsibilities
- History of working in a fast-paced environment with constant change and strict deadlines
- Proactive approach toward identifying and solving problems
- Ability to understand pipeline tariff structures and the flow of natural gas
- High personal standards for performance and integrity
- Ability to work in a very detail-oriented and zero-mistake environment
- Ability to work after normal work-hours; part of the team weekend / Holiday rotation.
Job Location Omaha, Nebraska, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 6600