Catalent is looking to recruit a Supervisor, Formulation Development for the Madison WI team.
The Supervisor, Formulation Development position requires a variety of formulation and leadership skills necessary for biotech company operations. This role is accountable for delivering formulation results/recommendations to our clients in a timely manner. As a Supervisor, Formulation Development leader, he/she will manage a small group to design and monitor formulation studies, set up timelines, prioritize assays, and monitor group activities.
The Supervisor, Formulation Development position will need to interact with the clients with strong data analysis and interpretation skills. Additionally, this position will support early phase stability studies and forced degradation studies.
In concert with Catalent’s Patient First philosophy, this role is a paramount to ensure that this role aids in providing critical data to support product stability in a timely manner, which ultimately is used to decide on the final process to produce the best product for our clients on time.
- Provides technical leadership in formulation development to support biologics drug substance development at early/later stages. Responsible for the design, execution and delivery of formulation studies for liquid drug substance of biologics, e.g. monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins. Ensure that appropriate technical strategies, timelines and budgets are in place to meet overall project timelines.
- Supervises assigned team’s daily work activities including: workload, ensuring training, general guidance to direct reports and across functional groups, and serves as resource for technical / administrative problems.
- Hires, trains, motivates, leads, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Ensures maintenance of department equipment, including trouble shooting, qualification, calibration and maintenance.
- Ensures target timelines to deliver results are met and data integrity.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Analytical Chemistry, or related field, with minimum of 4 years’ industrial experience in biologics formulation development; or
- M.S./M.A. in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Analytical Chemistry, or related field, with minimum of 6 years’ industrial experience in biologics formulation development; or
- B.S./B.A. in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Analytical Chemistry, or related field, with minimum of 10 years’ industrial experience in biologics formulation development.
- Extensive experience in early stage formulation development for biologics drug substance
- Extensive understanding of drug degradation pathways and design of accelerated stability and pH and excipient screening studies
- Strong biophysical and biochemical protein analytical skills, including HPLC/UPLC, DSC, MFI, CD, and light scattering methods for protein/mAb analysis. Experience with the UNcle system is a plus
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team
- Defined career path and annual performance review & feedback process
- Cross functional exposure to other areas of Catalent
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
- 19 days of paid time off annually + 7 paid holidays