EnLink Midstream is a leading provider of midstream energy services, providing transportation, gathering, processing, and storage of crude, natural gas, and natural gas liquids (NGLs). Strategic and forward-looking, EnLink cultivates a high level of employee values while we plan for future growth. Join a company where employees are the strongest link! We believe in helping one another. By serving one another, we make EnLink stronger and enable our businesses to grow in an environment of trust, cooperation and collaboration.
Successful candidate will utilize advanced technology skills and be responsible for fixed asset monthly and periodic processes and sub-ledgers for assigned Company assets. Have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures used in fixed asset accounting including appropriate capitalization policies, depreciation methods. This position will require professional judgment, outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with various levels of management and departments within Company. In addition, a successful candidate will be proactive in identifying and implementing process/system/reporting improvements related to fixed assets.
- Responsible for managing, training and developing direct reports. Train and oversee certain regulatory reporting pertaining to related assets. Review and oversee departmental processes from time to time as circumstances warrant.
- Review and oversight responsibilities related to the monthly close processesassociated with fixed assets, monitoring and analysis of capital projects, monthly account analysis including reconciliations, fixed asset journal entries and preparation of monthly reports.
- Evaluate alternative means of treating transactions, which enter into the preparation of all monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and financialreports, in conformity with GAAP guidelines.
- Prepare detailed schedules of depreciation, plant/pipeline assets, CWIP and completed construction for quarterly and annual state filings.
- Monitor contributions in aid of construction along with related billing, payments and refunds.
- Coordinate AFE workflow including validation and status changes and any required training of personnel utilizing the system. Includes transfer of assets placed in service including determination of asset level detail required to track the assets through their life cycle. This is a complex and multifaceted process requiring great attention to detail and ability to understand complex and voluminous transactions.
- Actively participates in M&A accounting by coordinating and/or overseeing internal/external effort needed to properly complete fair value accounting for related fixed assets.
- Analysis of expenditures for compliance with capitalization policies
- Significant communication and interface with construction project managers.
- Ongoing monitoring of the PeopleSoft Project Costing system including timely identification and correction of errors in data flow.
- Produce, distribute and monitor Project Status Reports to ensure compliance with SOX controls on a monthly basis.
- Update status of AFEs in PeopleSoft on an ongoing basis and as communicated via Project Status Reports to ensure timely calculation of depreciation.
- Monitor all projects with aid in construction to ensure timely billings, processing of refunds and identification of collections issues.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- 5+ years of fixed asset specific accounting experience with CPA certification strongly preferred
- Previous supervisory experiencerequired
- Experience with Unitization of assets
- Large ERP experience with query experience; PeopleSoft financials preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Professional verbal and written communications skills
- Process improvement implementation
- Experience in fixed assets in a capital intensive industry
- Experience in the energy industry a plus