Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in 2020 in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for daily management of the Fire Safety Program for Universal Orlando (UO) to include inspectionschedules, audits, written programs, drill schedules, system design, trouble call response, regulatory interface and permits. Likewise acts as Champion of the Emergency Preparedness and Fire Prevention Framework and associated annual audits.
- Maintain the written UO Fire Prevention program by conducting scheduled audits of the written program, training and associated audit checklists as scheduled.
- Review and approve facility modifications against local fire code, and ensure that plans as required are reviewed and approved by Factory Mutual and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Ensure routine fire safety inspections, drills and audits for UO facilities and fixed fire equipment are preformed as required by authority having jurisdiction and/or policy.
- Oversee EHS vendors who perform fire related services. Routinely audit vendors under the direction of other UO departments who perform fire related services.
- Perform investigations of all fire/smoke related incidents for root cause and corrective action. Support outside resources as necessary during third party investigations.
- Act as liaison with outside agencies and Factory Mutual
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree: Fire safety / Engineering or similar discipline.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 years of experience in fire safety supervisory role required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.