PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Provides leadership and manages the IT Field Support and Deployment activities for the designated region by supervising staff to support FMS business dependent technology and infrastructure. Ensures compliance and alignment with the overall company and IT strategic management and employee development plans.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the daily operations of the team, including but not limited to: establishing mutual goals, assigning tasks and maintaining schedules
- Provide direct supervision of the assigned team (s) through ongoing leadership and guidance, partnering with Human Resources on employee matters
- Participate in and supervise timeliness of project activities, ensuring appropriate escalation and reporting of timeline status, risk assessment and budget variance
- Supervise and maintain project plans and the management of operational and IT risks and issues tracking for all Field impacted systems and related projects
- Supervise the management of project resource scheduling and participates in overall resource scheduling activities
- Support and provide supervision in the consistent use of established practices, and communicate best practices utilizing accepted project management techniques
- Responsible for the annual performance review process for staff
- Responsible for functions related to recruiting, hiring, firing and disciplinary actions for the department staff
- Participate in team efforts designed to continuously improve processes and methodologies, resulting in improved system efficiency and project delivery and maintains communications with staff providing input for systems process improvement
- Assists with the implementation of all new business or IT initiatives within the FSM realm of responsibility
- Assists in ensuring all projects and support activities are setup with the desired level of metric tracking and Service Level Agreements
- Assists in creating presentations and status reports and communicates overall status of various projects to all key stakeholders including Business Unit Area Managers, Regional Vice Presidents, Controller, and President, as well as Sr. IT Management
- Participates and provides input as necessary in relevant Business Unit Management meetings
- Acknowledges the urgency during critical times such as “system down status” or other urgent requests by prioritizing and ensuring that all are addressed appropriately
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to travel up to 35% of the time
Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of department staff including Field IT Project Coordinators, Field IT Technicians, and/or Field Trainers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or health care related field or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- PMP and/or ITIL Certification Preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5-7 years IT experience
- 4 years Lead or Supervisory experience with the ability to lead and motivate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and must possess strong problem-solving skills
- Superior organizational skills with ability to prioritize work load
- Demonstrated skills establishing positive relationships with various levels of management within multi-divisional corporation
- Must be committed to providing the highest level of customer service possible
- Experience managing IT projects in Healthcare industry a plus.
Job ID 18000FME