Job Description Summary:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
Must have a keen customer focus and provide the necessary supervision to technicians, craft workers and clerical personnel for the New Service process. Has responsibility for the efficient management of New Service projects / work order(s) to provide electric service in a geographic area, ensuring that all work on the system is performed to Eversource standards and customer requirements, within safety and industry standards and at optimum cost. Allocates resources as required to achieve targets and maximize profitability. Responsible for each element of a New Service project / work order(s) from the planning and design through project management and construction. Advises / coaches others within the geographical area on technical matters and ensures compliance with regulatory, technical and company standards. Has knowledge of applicable codes, standards and regulations affecting the construction of the distribution system. Computer navigation skills are necessary to utilize the multitude of systems available. Ability to effectively deal with people at all levels, both internal and external to the company. Effective communication skills with strengths in employee relations focusing on a teamwork environment.
- Responsible for successful completion of T & D New Service projects or services including preparation of estimates, business policy applications, planning and design, customer contact, allocation and control of resources and construction.
- Responsible for coaching, directing and providing technical support for field staff allocated to a project or service installation.
- Responsible for team building for all new service personnel within his/her geographic area of responsibility
- Responsible for safety of field staff, contractors and members of the public in relation to any project or service installation under his/her direction.
- Ensures availability of all resources required to facilitate profitable completion of a project or service installation. Analyzes workloads and identifies the need for contractor usage
- Responsible for customer satisfaction associated with new service process, ensuring that the plans are designed and implemented to customer and company specifications and to high quality standards.
- Completes projects or service installations within budget and is able to provide what the customer wants while maximizing cost efficiencies by completing jobs on first visits where applicable.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments. Will have on-callresponsibilities.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of applicable codes, standards and regulations affecting the construction of electric services and the affect of the services on the distribution system. Computer navigation skills are necessary to utilize the multitude of systems available.
- The ability to effectively provide work direction to assigned personnel, according to established work standards and safety rules.
- The ability to effectively utilize the multitude of currently available main frame and personal computer applications including but not limited to: Distribution Management System (DMS), Corporate On-Line Time Entry (COLT), Material Information Management System (MIMS), Management Information and Budgeting System (MIB).
- The ability to assign appropriate manpower, vehicles, and specialized tools and equipment to efficiently and effectively meet work requirements.
- Provides supervision within the provisions of the agreement between the Company and the local bargaining unit(s).
- Makes contacts with customers/contractors to ensure that jobs can be performed as planned and scheduled, and that all customer needs and expectations are satisfied.
- Ensures that all work is accomplished both cost effectively and as engineered while adhering to construction standards.
- Have the ability to engineer and design simple and/or complex electric distribution systems.
- Develops methods to ensure and monitor consistent application of New Business and Street Lighting policies.
- The ability to apply engineering principals and economic considerations in the following areas: customer distribution systems, private and municipal street lighting, electric utilization and metering methods, and other customer energy-utilization
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 8 years of experience. Energy delivery and supervisory experiencepreferred.