This position is responsible for all aspects of operation and maintenance of company building assets within a specified geographic area. It is responsible for the assessment of building facilities, assists with the development and implementation of strategies for long-term operation, andreplacement and additions to the facilities. It directs and supervises bargaining unit and contractor personnel engaged in the operation, maintenance, repair, and modification of company building facilities. This position serves as a resource to enhance the effectiveness of the department's IWMS (Integrated Workplace Management System).
- Assure that company building facilities are operated and maintained to provide safe and functional work environments.
- Meet established cost targets for operation of assigned facilities.
- Provide input to annual budget process and cost reduction initiatives.
- Meet established key performance indicators (KPI’s) for assigned facilities and work groups.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for occupants of their assigned facilities for all issues related to the facilities.
- Work with management of business groups occupying the facilities to identify emerging facility-related needs of the occupants, and assists with developing and implementing plans to address these needs.
- Function as the primary point of contact with Facilities Management design and project management teams for issues and projects involving their assigned facilities.
- Perform condition assessments of buildings and associated systems.
- Develop and implement strategies for the maintenance, replacement, and additions to these facilities.
- Coordinate, audit, and test Emergency Plans for assigned facilities.
- Supervise the operation, maintenance, and repair of buildings and building-related systems such as: HVAC, fire protection, security, electrical distribution, plumbing, elevators, etc.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and manage all work for all assigned locations, including making decisions on resources to be assigned to the work (in-house or outside contractors) utilizing established work management processes and systems.
- Evaluate and award contracts for services and purchase of materials in accordance with delegation of authority.
- Review and approve payments for contracts and purchases in accordance with delegation of authority.
- Supervise and direct bargaining unit and contractor personnel in the performance of their work in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Counsel, develop, and provide training for bargaining unit personnel.
- Respond to building emergencies and other operational needs on a 24/7 basis.
- Support overall department and corporate goals as they relate to company facilities.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Facilities Management or Commercial Construction Management environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and repair of buildings and building-related systems.
- Knowledge of industry standards and government regulations applicable to the operation and maintenance of buildings and building-related systems (OSHA, EPA, DEP, building codes, etc.).
- Knowledge of voice and data systems for installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting and problem analysis for building wiring and interfaces with networks and occupant workstations and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of building construction, operation, and maintenance work.
- Knowledge of cost-management processes, including the ability to prepare cost estimates for work, monitor expenditures, and assist with project budget preparation.
- Knowledge of corporate budgeting processes to provide input to and assist with department budget preparation.
- Working knowledge of building monitoring and automation systems, particularly those used within PPL by Facilities Management.
- Working knowledge of commonly used PC software applications, including Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and tactfully with personnel at multiple levels within the organization.
- Ability to prepare written reports for intra-department use.
- Ability to provide effective traininig and instructions to personnel at lower levels.
- Certification in relevant topics (HVAC, controls, etc.).
- Applicable local or state licenses or registrations (master electrician, master plumber, etc.).
- Knowledge of building-related work management systems.