The Engineering Supervisor provides supervision to Engineering Team Staff Members in support of CDW Managed Services strategies and objectives. This position has supervisory responsibility for the Service Transition Engineering team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage team of Engineering Professional (Team) in multiple US locations
- Develop and maintain the training processes and procedures for the technologies assigned
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the collaboration of strategic and tactical plans for the current and future development of the technologies assigned to their team
- Engage or oversee strategic customer project and support activities.
- Train, develop and mentor team in accordance with CDW Managed Services objectives
- Assess, compile, review and present team performance metrics to managers and other stakeholders on a scheduled basis.
- Review current processes and implement improvements as necessary.
- Assess need and hire coworkers to ensure team capacity matches the needs of the business
- Provide input into the strategic direction of the Managed Services Engineering Team.
- Apply strategies into actionable team directives in alignment with Managed Services goals
- Determine salary and other compensation targets and payouts for team
- Work with internal and external customers as to utilization of resources
- Manages coworker issues to resolution
- Provide strategic and tactical solutions to technological issues confronted by their team
- Limited travel as necessary for individual and team functions
- 5 years of relevant technical or project management experience
- Bachelor degree in IT, Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent experience required
Other Required Qualifications
- Provide forward thinking leadership at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Previous management experience
- Previous experience in a large managed services environment
- Process improvement experience
- Experience with Agile development projects