Supervisor Network Operations Center - SCFS
Provide supervision of the Network Operation for wireless DAS/Small Cell/WiFi/Dark Fiber services with support for SONET/DWDM/IP/Ethernet Transport team ensuring network reliability, availability, compliance with Customer Service Level Agreements, Preventive Maintenance requirements, and ‘readiness’ of Crown Castle assets (Systems, Hubs, Nodes, Poles, Fiber). Supervise testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including software, power, communications, machinery, lines, modems, and terminals). Ensure that operation management policies, standards and procedures are properly implemented and maintained; including performance reporting, budget management and safety standards. Coordinate, monitor and track all Operation team tasks including repair and maintenance of the data Networks, closing trouble tickets, and resolution of customer issues. Responsible for the acceptance and quality of the new Networks, reducing maintenance cost and ensuring customer expectations are met when networks are commissioned. Work closely with RF engineering, operations personnel, Sales, Implementation and Product Development to ensure network reliability, customer satisfaction and support other departments to meet company objectives. Analyze, manage and resolve all issues in a timely manner. The Supervisor Network Operations Center will be escalation point for issues/problems, NOC integration with Supported Teams, and charge of the team that provides coverage 24x7x365 days/year.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of NOC technicians responsible for the maintenance of wireless/DAS/small cell/WiFi/SONET/DWDM/Transport data networks.
- Work closely with RF engineers, Product Development, equipment providers, Field Operations personnel, Sales, and Implementation to ensure network integrity and reliability.
- Customer Service Goals: Ensure timely response to customer inquiries for assistance, coordinate service affecting repairs with customer and Crown Castle RF team and maintain peer level relationships with our customers.
Manage Budget items through effective forecasting, management of internal maintenance and external vendor costs, effectively balance headcount to growth with network assignments.
- Work with the various teams to implement Small Cell Network operations and maintenance management policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensure all Trouble Tickets are managed in accordance with corporate policies and Customer Service Level Agreements.
- Utilize available reports to drive down MTTR, improve network performance, aging tickets and service affecting issues
- Work with Technical Support manager on vendor training e.g. new equipment, improved trouble shooting and repair procedures.
- Accept all new and modified networks using the Network Handoff Process. Ensure timely receipt and review of closeout packages for prompt entry into the databases.
- Keep the Network Operations Center Manager well informed regarding network issues including MTTR, personnel issues, SLA compliance and requiredreporting, Large Scale Outages, and customer satisfaction issues.
- Maintenance of SDH/SONET/DWDM transmission equipment related to Fiber Optic Cable System(s), including Power equipment interface and Management Systems.
- Optical transport knowledge a plus including the following: specifications of different optical fiber types, optical loss budgets, dispersion compensation, DWDM technologies. Utilize vendor supplied software to model optical network loss budgets.
- Maintenance and Implementation of IP Network Monitoring, growth augmentation and configuration backups.
- Complete Network Documentation and procedures for regular maintenance of equipment and logging of all maintenance events by network equipment.
- Familiar with various types of Ethernet testing and working knowledge for Layer 1, Layer 2, and Layer 3.
- Provide recommendations to improve the customer experience.
- Ensure timely updates to customers, internal groups and vendors via inbound/outbound calls, trouble tickets and emails.
- Establish goals and objectives for the team, ensure that the individual objectives are established and reviewed using the performance management process to reward excellence and address sub-par performance.
- Ensure NOC operation teams are run effectively, efficiently, and safely while balancing between quality, risk mitigation, and regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of the One call and locate process.
- On call after hours and shift work.
- High school diploma or equivalent experiencerequired
- Bachelors degreepreferred
- 3+ years in enterprise or carrier network operations
- Data networking knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Transport)
- Five (5) years prior field technician, network operations center, broadcast center, military electronics, or relevant experience
- Technical experience with fiber repair and trouble shooting
- Previous supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Wireless and /or wireline communications preferred
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Skilled in trouble ticket or work order systems
- Exposure to network monitoring systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- General knowledge of telecommunications technologies including: SDH, ATM, TCP-IP, Packet Voice, WAN, Frame-Relay, TDM, wireless, and LANtechnologies, and the inter-working of these technologies.