Plan, coordinate, and direct craft employees engaged in the execution of scheduled and emergent work activities, to assure the highest levels of customer service and to achieve safety, reliability and productivity goals.
Provide leadership to and development of the craft workforce. Coach and evaluate employee performance with timely recognition. Conduct performance reviews and identify opportunities for growth and learning for craft personnel. Executes labor strategies involving employees covered under the collective bargaining agreement.
Coordinate emergency response to restore continuity of service to customers, requiring 24-hour on-call responsibilities and varied work schedules, as required by business needs.
Work within departmental budgets. Plan resource coverage and execute work activities directed at achievement of business plans and business unit objectives. Develop alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information after considering resources, constraints, and organizational values. Ability to recognize unusual conditions and take corrective action.
Promote and maintain an environment that fosters a high performance culture and a learning organization. Ensure an environment that respects and promotes diversity. Serves as a change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered.
Position may berequired to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms orotherenergy delivery emergencies.
• 5 - 8 years internal utility company experience (e.g., ComEd, PECO), or equivalent external experience
• 4 or more years internal supervisory experience (e.g., ComEd, PECO, BSC, ExGen), or receive acceptable rating on Supervisory Assessment
• Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license
• Demonstrated knowledge of operating and construction work practices.
• Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to support and enforce safe work behavior; requires working knowledge of safety rules and work practices.
Req #: 17304