General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor of Project Management to join our Facilities group, located in Poway, CA. This position is responsible for providing tactical supervision of a team of project managers and designers in support of the Project Implementation manager. This includes managing and coordinating the daily operational aspects of the facilities project portfolio and serves as the liaison between project management and the project team, planning, and line management to present and exchange information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Participates in the development of mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project management, line management, and the customer.
- Mentors project managers and assesses project issues and develops solutions to meet production, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Manages the daily operations of the design and drafting functions of the designers.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with the structures, policies and procedures for the CAD department.
- Develops project schedules and ensures their timely implementation and completion.
- Manages and participates in the review of completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, and accuracy.
- Interacts with management and key stakeholders on decisions related to data management including both document control and CAD.
- Monitor work of project staff, providing technical support and direction when necessary and provide regular status reports to management on portfolio.
- Assists with staffing needs for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least eight of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Prior experience supervising direct reports is highly desirable.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects; (2) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of non-routine matters of diverse scope and nature; (3) strong analytical, communication, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and, (4) the ability to work independently and lead in a team environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.