ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Develop, coordinate, lead, and execute engineering services in the achievement of company goals, including driving compliance to business requirements, such as documentation of engineering processes, reporting time and attendance, safety, audits, etc.
- Report performance and analyze data to identify potential problems and issues: Assume ownership of the problem solving process and develop sound plans and corrective actions to ensure adherence to quality standards, delivery schedules, cost performance, and safe working conditions.
- Develop and implement sound process controls; confirm routine quality and ensure all processes and procedures are executed using controlled methods and in accordance with work instructions.
- Provide leadership and coaching that foster high team morale and effectiveness.
- Develop and cross-train team members to support operational plans as well as develop and implement training on design and development process documentation; ensure training plans are effective and documented.
- Lead and/or facilitate continuous improvement efforts and projects and incorporate continuous improvement into the daily operations.
- Create and maintain an environment where team members recommend and implement changes in procedures to improve value-added activities and eliminate non-value added activities.
- Maintain neat and clean work areas and ensure compliance with safety and 5S standards; Ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Meet goals and metrics that include: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Productivity
- BS in Business or Engineering Management from an accredited university or college.
- Configuration Management certification desired.
- Management of document, part and bill of material data in an ERP system.
- Design and Management of Product Data Management (PLM) system, preferably Teamcenter.
- Strong skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Systems.
- Must be able to effectively flow down goals from Management into measurable tasks to subordinate levels.
- Must be able to provide effective coaching and mentoring to develop a high performing work team.
- Must have strong process, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have an innate desire to learn and continually improve.