Posting Description Nissan is a global company driven by the accomplishments of our employees. We find pride in our continued commitment to diversity and an exciting lineup of vehicles. Simply put, we are at the intersection of people, transportation, and the environment which keeps us at the forefront of innovation. Our culture is one where personal development, and recognition are a priority and where each individual's role is clearly linked to the success of the organization. We’re currently looking for a Supervisor, Commercial Credit to join our team in Mississauga, ON.
As the team lead in the Wholesale & Commercial Finance team, performs and guides team through credit analysis of financing requests from Dealerships. Responsible for preparing and reviewing business case to support recommended credit approval or denial of Wholesale & Commercial financing applications. Utilizes financial acumen to evaluate portfolio credit worthiness, financial position and Nissan Canada Finance retail performance and support, to draw conclusions. Results-oriented in ensuring continuous progress in credit reviews. Interfaces with Regional Financial Services Managers and NCI’s Dealer Network Development (DND) and Sales Operations group, as necessary, on the structuring of Floorplan credit lines and Commercial loans. Acts as a subject-matter expert and liaison for the team in information gathering and filtering priorities. Contributes to building brand value and achieving sustainable and profitable growth.
- Manage a small team of Commercial Credit Analysts and ensure: a) strong monitoring processes are in place for the current portfolio of Commercial clients; b) strong underwriting processes are followed for assessing new business requests; c) consistent monitoring of Annual Credit Reviews; and d) timely and accurate execution of Wholesale Operations (Wholesale funding, transaction processing and other related activities).
- Assess Dealership financial performance and ability to repay borrowings. Recommends appropriate loan structure based on Policy and guidelines. Collects and evaluates required documentation for adequacy and sufficiency to perform credit analysis and/or Annual Credit Review. Reviews or creates proposal package for Executive review and discussion of analysis and recommendation on based on financials and other supplementary information. Prepares recommendation in writing and presents the proposal package before the Credit Committee.
- Assist Inventory Control Analyst in the management reporting of Stock Audit results and establishing audit procedures. Responsible for addressing audit findings and collaborating with vendor and/or Dealership as necessary to identify solutions, via process improvements or tailored audit procedures.
- Provides assistance to the field organization and Dealerships regarding financing requests and maintenance of existing accounts.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Minimum 5years’ experience in Commercial Credit, with a Supervisory role leading a team for a minimum of 2 years.
- MBA or CPA candidate/designation is preferred but not required.
- Ability to understand, review and interpret Financial Statements.
- Ability to make decisions on multimillion dollar deals with respect to credit worthiness assessment of portfolio or financing request.
- Strong risk assessment skills to mitigate multimillion dollar loss potential.
- Fluency in French is preferred.