Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates a minimum of two Research Nurses in the performance of clinical and administrative responsibilities related to one or more research trials, studies or projects. Assists in administering medications, performing routine nursing assessments and managing patient care activities.
- Oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of research protocols, data collection systems/instruments, and budgets. Plans protocol, develops policies and establishes standards and procedures for the research unit. Develops and writes proposals for grants to conduct research studies. Assists with activities required for publication of research findings.
- Conducts literature searches and corresponds with other agencies and investigators to obtain and share relevant project information. Directs, coordinates and provides for the learning needs of patients and their families; may develop and conduct in-service education programs for other research personnel.
- Directs patient recruitment; may oversee publicity for a study. Assists in managing daily office operations. Performs related responsibilities as required. Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia and five years related nursing experience, which includes experience in research nursing.
- Certified Research Administrator (CRA) or Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) preferred.
- Must be credentialed through Emory Healthcare in RN II category.