(ISC)² ® is the world's largest nonprofit membership association of certified cybersecurity professionals. We're committed to helping our members learn, grow and thrive by providing world-class cybersecurity qualifications, professional development and engagement opportunities that inspire a safe and secure cyber world. With more than 160,000 certified members, we empower professionals who touch every aspect of information security.
Under the direction of the Manager, Information Technology Applications, the Business Support Supervisor is responsible for assuring daily enterprise application support via break-fix and enhancement request queue management. This supervisor will guide and assess support engineering and administrative staff. This position requires strong leadership coupled with the ability to execute a time sensitive ITIL support model against competing business requirements.
- Supervise an application support team of 3-4 engineering and administrative employees in daily break-fix and enhancement tasks.
- Monitor incident queue work output of team members using reporting and dashboard capabilities.
- Provide coaching and performance management to staff based on adherence to SLAs and KPIs.
- Maintain and safeguard support procedures based on industry and application best practices.
- Partner with business stakeholders and project managers to identify resolution steps and prioritization.
- Maintain a healthy technical knowledgebase and documentation repository for known issues, resolutions, and work arounds.
- Assist IT leadership in establishing software support procedures and SLAs.
- Providing support and guidance, in collaboration with IT management, on ITIL principles such as incident management, escalations, and prioritization.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- 5+ years in the field of Information Technology or a relevant role.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar preferred. Comparable demonstrated relevant work experience in Information Technology will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated experience supervising small to mid-size remote software support teams.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification preferred.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and monitoring the execution of processes, projects, and tactics within applications support teams.
- Has advanced knowledge and skills within Salesforce and ITIL discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Experience monitoring KPIs and SLAs on support teams, and performance coaching.
- In-depth knowledge of technology concepts, strategies, methodologies, and ITIL/agile processes.
- Ability to demonstrate and support the 5 Company Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Unity, Accountability, and Agility.
- Proficient in enterprise application support with a strong business understanding.
- Cursory knowledge of the proprietary Salesforce object-oriented programming language, Apex, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Established case queue management skills.
- Ability to communicate abstract concepts to non-technical staff.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Application security principles as it pertains to Support and software engineering.
- Team task tracking tool proficiency, e.g. Jira, Service NOW, or Asana.
- Proficiency in source control driven development principles.
Physical & Mental:
- 40-hour on-site or remote work week with on-call availability, occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines, guide subordinates, and deploy or test changes.
- Work in an office environment using dual monitor computer screens.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
- Up to 15% travel required.
- Work extended hours or overtime, when necessary.
- Sitting for extended periods.
- Lifting and transporting of light to moderately heavy objects – i.e., computers and peripherals.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic as protected by applicable law.