Description: Under the general direction of the Clinical Operations Manager, is responsible for the supervision of pharmacist and non-pharmacist employees in Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services. Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws, regulations, and standards regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services and Divisional Pharmacy objectives, policies, and procedures. Assists the Clinical Operations Manager with the development and implementation of strategic initiatives. Performs other duties as required.
- Supervises, recruits, hires/fires, trains and manages/improves employee performance.
- Provides leadership and direction to Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services personnel/staff including evaluating and coaching.
- Develops a team of professionals who plan and implement departmental goals and objectives.
- Administers all departmental policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Operations Manager in meeting deadlines, participates on committees, and stands in as a representative of Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services, as needed.
- Assists with the development and implementation of CA division pharmacy strategic initiatives which are designed to enhance quality, improve member service, and enhance cost effectiveness.
- Works in collaboration with providers, department heads, and the Clinical Operations Manager to implement, evaluate, and improve quality management programs.
- Ensures high level of quality, competency, and accuracy by developing and maintaining quality assurance and competency assessment processes.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws, regulations, and standards.
- Prepares and/or approves the bi-weekly payroll, and monitors personnel utilization in accordance with the operating budget or workload requirements.
- Proposes, develops, and implements efficient innovations to improve the Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services to meet the needs of KP members and physicians.
- Provides ambulatory care service backup coverage as needed.
- Degree in pharmacy required
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensure as a pharmacist in California
Job Number: 671813