The primary purpose is to provide timely and accurate reporting of the company’s financial condition and results of operations in accordance with GAAP and with the organization's accounting policies and procedures. This individual is also responsible for monitoring the company’s compliance with SOX requirements as they relate to financial information and reporting.
The position supports the Controller in the periodic audit conducted by internal audit and certification audit performed by the organization and outside accountants.
- Preparation of periodic financial statements; investigation and reporting of variance analysis.
- Provide essential control functions (accounting and financial systems), including, but not limited to bank account reconciliations, general ledger account analyses, coordination of SOX compliance efforts including review of and updates to SOX matrices and managing user access to the Company’s Lawson accounting software and cash management link to JPMorgan Chase.
- Coordination of the periodic audits performed by Adtalem’s Internal Audit and certification audit by independent outside accountants. This includes the preparation, compilation and submission of all the required analyses and schedules, including explanation of significant changes between current and comparable prior period and discussion and resolution of any audit issues/concerns.
- Identify and highlight significant events that transpired during the audit period.
- Continuous review of staff assignments and work flows and processes within the department for maximum efficiency, productivity and staff development.
- Timely preparation of periodic personnel performance reviews and performance goals and developmental plans.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degreerequired.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in financialreporting/general ledger area.
- Experience with GAAP and Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Conversant with GAAP and financial systems management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task, work under sustained pressure, strong interpersonal skills, and deliver very high quality output.