FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow the world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
Within the Corporate Controller’s team is both the Corporate Accounting General Ledger Operations Team as well as the Technical Accounting and Reporting (TA&R). Corporate Accounting is responsible for the general ledger accounting for all corporate entities. In addition to the operational accounting for the corporate entities, this team handles accounting for certain global items. TA&R serves as an oversight entity, helping various FMC functions in aligning business and financialreporting requirements. As such, TA&R works closely together with business leaders, FP&A leaders, functional areas such as legal, tax and treasury, consolidations/reporting team and Accounting Operations to assist with the delivery of quality internal and external financialreporting. The Supervising Senior, Corporate Accounting role will report to the Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting and will also work very closely with the Director, Technical Accounting and External Reporting, on certain Technical Accounting matters described below.
This position will be responsible for certain corporate areas such as discontinued operations included retained liabilities (legal, asbestos, etc), restructuring activities, and certain corporate special charges. The role will prepare schedules, journal entries for SAP, summary analysis and will perform accounting reconciliations and other analysis as needed.
This position is responsible for managing FMC’s compliance with U.S. GAAP accounting requirements for the Environmental Reserve (approximately $350-400M liability) and Recoveries (approximately $20-30M asset) and is responsible for proactively operating the reserving processes for environmental remediation, asset retirement obligations and other miscellaneous legal contingencies of FMC. This includes the evaluation of variousbusiness decisions and regulatory and legal matters that could impact the reserving practices.
This position will be responsible for the accounting requirements associated with pension and other post retirement benefit accounting as well as working with the External Reporting Team to meet certain SEC and regulatory requirements in these areas such as 11-Ks, Form 5500, etc..
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Review and make accounting and reserving decisions related to environmental matters, asset retirement obligations and other miscellaneous legal contingencies, which includes documenting and communicating those decisions to Director of External reporting and Corporate Controller and external auditors.
- Direct and perform activities to complete quarterly and annual financialreporting and close responsibilities related to the environmental reserve and recoveries and associated contingencies
- Primary responsibility for working with the environmental remediation project managers to develop and manage the annual remediation budget and forecast (approximately $55-65M annual spend) in collaboration with technical environmental and legal teams
- Review Environmental Spending Authorizations; provide preparation support to project managers, as required
- Primary interface with the Director Technical Accounting and External Reporting on communications with external auditors on all environmental, asset retirement obligation and other contingency type matters.
- Direct and perform activities to complete quarterly and annual financialreporting and close responsibilities for pension accounting for US and foreign entities.
- Work closely with External Reporting to complete the annual financial statements for the FMC Retirement Plan (FMC Saving Plan, Define Benefit Plan and Form 11-K).
- Coordinate with third parties (Actuary, Fidelity, BNY & External Auditor)
- File Form 5500 for the FMC Retirement Plan (FMC Savings Plan, Define Benefit Plan and Medical and Welfare Plan.)
- Prepare accounting memo as it relates to pension accounting requirements.
- Oversee responsibility of SOX compliances over the area of benefit reporting.
- Assist on special projects as needed
- Maintain objective evidence for Sarbanes Oxley404 compliance and assist on developing corrective actions, whenrequired.
- Undergraduatedegree in Accounting required
- CPA a plus or actively seeking
- Big 4Experiencepreferred
- Minimum of 6years of experience in public accounting or similar experience.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Solid technical accounting knowledge, with proficiency in evaluating contingencies
- Working knowledge of SAPpreferred.
- BCS experience a plus
- BPC experience a plus
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with non-accountants
- Demonstrate understanding of USGAAPfinancial statement and SEC reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work under time pressure