FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow the world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
The Supervising Senior Accountant will complete accounting activities for FMC Corporation’s business units. Activities include processing journal entries, completing reconciliations, managing audit requests, maintaining relevant business unit ledgers, and oversight of executing closing activities in a timely and accurate manner. The role is primarily responsible for the completion of accounting activities in accordance with financial standards and other company policies, SOX, and other regulatory requirements. The role is also responsible for supporting the Manager and Director of Global Accounting Operations in the North America Accounting group to implement standardization, process improvement, and optimization initiatives across the group. The Supervising Senior Accountantwill work within the North America Accounting group, with direct reporting into the Controller’s organization while also partnering with other assigned global business units
- Responsible for the timely completion of business unit accounting activities.
- Lead executing business unit accounting activities such as but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliations and other account analyses.
- Supervision over Executing business unit month-end closing activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Primary contact for information requests from internal and external stakeholders.
- Ownership of internal and external audit activities.
- Support process excellence and continuous improvements initiatives.
- Comply with Accounting Group and business unit service delivery guidelines.
- Maintain required documentation.
- Exhibit Safety as a core value.
Business Unit Accounting
- Lead business unit accounting activities to support business units.
- Direct oversight of preparing business unit journal entries in an accurate manner.
- Complete reconciliations of assigned accounts timely and accurately using the electronic reconciliation system BlackLine.
- Work with the business unit’s ledger within SAP, providing accurate and consistent records of assets, liabilities and operating transactions.
- Supervision of closing activities in accordance with the close calendar and checklist.
- Reconciliation of intercompany transactions domestically and internationally.
- Perform the consolidation of all business unit ledgers.
- Generate reporting of the Balance Sheet and P&L and support analysis of significant variances.
- Partner with other members of North America Accounting group to resolve accounting issues and drive leading practices.
- Ensure compliance with USGAAP accounting rules and tax/ state regulations, where applicable.
- Ensure compliance with FMC accounting policies, procedures and processes.
- Operate within a robust SOX and internal control environment.
People / Other Responsibilities
- Support carve-out requests and procedures where applicable.
- Actively take ownership of workload and escalate inefficiencies and concerns to the Manager and/or Director of Global Accounting Operations.
- Achieve deadlines set by leadership and the business. Proactively monitor and raise instances where deadlines cannot be met in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the creation and modification of training programs and content (as needed).
- Function as a member of a team, demonstrating effective team building qualities.
- A four-yeardegree in accounting or financerequired
- CPA recommended
- Generally 6+ years of experience in accounting
- Experienceworking with an ERP system, preferably SAP
- Knowledge, insight and experience in (financial) administrative (accounting) processes
- Experience in executing accounting activities for chemicals or chemicals-related business a plus
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with good analytical and problem-solving skills around accounting analytics and processes
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, customer management skills, analytical, change management and communication skills