The safety and security of our associates and applicants are our top priorities as we navigate the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our work and personal lives. Consistent with public health guidance, we are promoting social distancing, and following all recommended precautions in our buildings to keep our employees and visitors healthy including increased cleaning protocols, available masks sanitizer and wipes, and guidelines to limit capacity in common areas at all our locations.
Manages and leads a team of Marketing Managers that partners with Business Development, Brand Marketing, Marketo Team, Account Services, Merchandising, Creative Services, Special Order, Sales and Staples Business Advantage to develop and strategically implement comprehensive marketing campaigns and sales tools for both internal and external communications .
Achieves sales goals by developing and executing marketing
strategies that support company’s overall strategic goals and position in the marketplace
Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by leading team to drive marketing strategies, innovation thinking and measure return on investment .
Impact on Business
People management/leadership: - 25%
- Manages personnel issues and ensures team compliance to published processes and expectations.
- Supervises the daily activities and all employment-related issues of a team of marketing managers in the marketing services department, coaches team members to excellent job performance.
- Serves as a coach and mentor to the marketing managers.
- Represents the marketing team with lead authority in company-wide meetings with input to process adherence and efficient change.
Resource management - 25%
- Manages and recommends resource utilization, resource requirements and job scheduling based on the full understanding of business objectives and essential time requirements.
- Prioritizes work schedules and resources based on skill levels and staff expertise to insure budgetary conformance and maximum utilization of manpower and equipment.
Business/client impact/client ownership and management - 50%
- Fosters innovative thinking and investigation of new techniques, trends and technology for use in our clients marketing, brand and ecommerce solutions.
- Leads and assists the marketing team with direction and analytics by offering options and recommend the best possible combination to meet the project objectives desired within time and budget limitations.
- Recommends and implements new reporting and analytics to best convey ROI and success rate of campaigns
Innovation and Change
- Develops and executes Marketing and Creative Services plans and measures the results of the plan. Provides direction and support for the Marketing Manager’s account plans as needed
- Applies strategic thinking to the development, implementation, and evaluation of the marketing for our promotional merchandise programs
- Develops marketing opportunities by understanding company requirements, marketplace trends, and competitive landscape
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties
- Collaborating with Staples Promotional Products Field Sales, Merchandising and Creative teams to identify and execute marketing campaigns and associated components (print, online, interactive, email, direct mail, video, social)
- Presenting sales information and marketing recommendations to company strategic plans and reviews
- Ensuring action plans are completed while team meets productivity, quality, and company goals
- The Supervising Marketing Manager leads and/or oversees the team as they resolve project-specific problems. In addition they complete audits, determine system improvements, and implement necessary change
Supervising Marketing Manager:
- Directs, leads and manages the marketing manages on the Marketing and Creative Services team
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining associates
- Communicates and defines associate job expectations; responsible for conducting appraisals and reviews; plans and reviews compensation actions; enforces policies and procedures
- Participates and directs team to continually enhance marketing knowledge and expertise by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Developing marketing plans that support project specific merchandising goals (including both online, social media and print) that represent Staples Promotional Products as a brand partner and industry expert
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or similar degree with appropriate experience
- 4-6 years relevant work experience in product marketing or related field
- 4-6 years management experience
- 4-6 years in a client facing marketing environment