As a Superintendent- Utilities on our California High Speed Rail CP 2-3 project you will be initially based out of our Selma, CA project office and play a key role in the project’s successful execution. Coming from a degree qualified background you will have a substantial amount of supervisory experience on utilities and underground scopes on large infrastructure projects.
- Promote and enforce craft and subcontractors compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented
- Mentor and coach foremen as it relates to company policies and procedures and work requirements
- Conduct and/or direct project safety meetings
- Supervise foremen assigned to area of responsibility and provide liaison between field engineering, estimating, and crafts to ensure compliance of construction with drawings and specifications
- Plan, direct and supervise crews and subcontractors on a daily basis. Activities include planning, organizing, directing and controlling methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, work schedule and reviewing documentations
- Inspect work areas to determine type of work required and materials and equipment to be used. May coordinate with equipment superintendent to insure constant flow of materials
- Ensure that workers are supplied with tools, materials and equipment for completion of project.
- Assist in jobsite setup
- Resolve construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) ensuring project runs on schedule
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule
- Work with 3rd parties to understand and address their concerns, attend meetings as necessary, schedule preconstruction meetings, manage and coordinate each 3rd party’s requirements in advance of starting work.
- Manage change order work, and ensure that work is coded correctly, provide requisite notifications of changes, differing site conditions etc. to Utility & Project Managers.
- Maintain daily dairy and logs for work performed on the project
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of local union or prevailing wage rules
- Ensure workers for each task are fully qualified to perform assigned duties
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution and 10+ years of construction field experience and/or equivalent training
- Or 10 + years of heavy civil construction related experience and/or training
- Demonstrate experience managing structures, utilities, trenching and directional drilling scopes.
- Management experience of medium sized teams required
- Demonstrable experience in managing multi discipline crews and subcontractors on complex projects is required
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Job ID: 1944