The Construction Superintendent works under the supervision of the project manager. The primary responsibilities of this position is to direct, manage, supervise and coordinate all work on the project inclusive of all trades, subcontractors and company employees to meet the work requirements of the project.
• Report directly to the Project Manager
• Supervise on-site work to ensure the work is performed safely and efficiently.
• Enforce the site specific safety plan and perform periodic safety inspections and walkthroughs as required.
• Supervise in-house labor through a Foreman and/or Lead Man.
• Assist the project manager with ordering all required materials and interact with subcontractors and suppliers.
• Inspect the work of each trade and confirm that not only the quality of the work is up to standard, but that the work is being built in accordance with the plans and specification.
• Ensure that the project maintains the required schedule by organizing, planning, monitoring, and inspecting work.
• Prepare daily progress reports for work performed.
• Maintain and enforce safety regulations and building code requirements.
• Organize and run weekly safety meetings with in-house trade staff and subcontractors.
• Organize and run weekly progress meeting with staff and Owner’s staff.
• Coordinate the installation of work with Quality Control Plan requirements.
• Develop and execute detailed work plans for future scheduled work
• Remote work locations likely
• Assist with project estimates, bid packages and schedule preparation and budgets.
• Assist and support the Quality Manager in the execution of the project’s quality plan.
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate the work requirements with various staff, design team, Owners and subcontractors.
• Familiar with OSHA construction standards and common safety practices.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and work well under stress and maintain deadlines.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
• Ability to work flexible hours in order to meet deadlines.
• Exhibit an acceptable degree of self-confidence.
• Knowledge of acceptable construction site practices including occupational safety and health regulations.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with internal and external clients and co-workers.
• Ability to follow directions is a must.
• Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to complete each task assignment.
• Must be comfortable with high intensity work environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft computer applications.
• Proficiency in scheduling software - MS Projects preferred
• High attention to detail and quality workmanship.
• Coordinates, supervises, manages, on-site trades personnel and subcontractor work. Requirements Required Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of supervisory construction experience.
• A minimum of 15 (15) years of general construction experience
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation that meets project location requirements.
• Must be able to obtain access to Federal installations.
• Current CPR/First Aid certifications required
• Experience as a Superintendent on projects ranging from $2M-$20M in a firm fixed price environment.
• Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations for construction
• Experience with Government contracting
• Construction related degree
• Native American Cultural Sensitivity Training is desired
• 30 Hour OSHA Certification is a plus
• Must be able to obtain access to Federal Installations.
• Walk and climb about construction and building sites.
• Walking on uneven ground surfaces.
• Working outdoors and exposed to all types of weather conditions and environments.
• Regular walking, standing, sitting.
• Lifting and/or carrying items that weigh less than 50 pounds.
• Occasional bending/stooping.
• Will also spend time in a field office reviewing blueprints, answering letters, or phone calls, writing reports.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus