Pavarini McGovern is looking for a Superintendent with industry experience to support our New York operations. The Superintendent is responsible for the timely and cost-effective field coordination, quality control and day-to-day supervision of subcontracted work forces for construction projects.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepares the project schedule, maintains reports accurately describing project status
- Responsible for the timely and cost effective field coordination, quality control and day-to-day supervision of subcontracted work forces for construction projects
- Reviews status and project progress with the Project Manager and client representatives on a regular basis. Large projects include multiple Superintendents.
- Ensures safety standards and requirements are implemented and adhered to by craftsmen and others when operating tools and equipment.
- Directs sub contractor activities within commercial fit-outs for interior projects
- Analyzes manpower, material, equipment requirements, and interfaces the requirements with others as designated by supervising superintendent.
- Implements and enforces policies, procedures and related work rules as established by field construction Management
- Prepares reports and forecasts, as required, and keeps supervisors informed on progress of overall assigned activities
- Ensures safety standards and requirements are implemented and adhered to by craftsmen and others when in the operational area, tools and equipment are in safe condition and operated safely.
- 8-15 years of field experience in commercial projects.
- Experience should include some supervisory responsibility as a General Foreman, Field Engineer or Assistant Superintendent.
- Well developed, communications, interpersonal, organizational and team work skills are required.