The Superintendent is responsible for field operations on the project(s) assigned in order to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project. The Superintendent directly supervises field labor force, including laborers/craft workers. This position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
What You'll Do:
• Direct day-to-day on-site supervision of field labor force;
• Inspection of Contractor or (Sub)Contract operations to ensure compliance with Contract;
• Review and approve Trade Contractor Payment Applications with Project Manager;
• Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of Owner and Architect/Engineer;
• Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager;
• Conduct quality inspections;
• Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts.
• Monitor costs, including labor time and material;
• Communicate and enforce Skanska Safety and Health Management Program;
• Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others;
• Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates;
• Prepare and submit Superintendent’s Daily Reports;
• Attend and participate in project meetings, including subcontractor meetings.
We're Looking For:
• Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products;
• Knowledge of Prolog;
• Broad understanding of industry;
• Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Good math/accounting skills;
• Strong management skills;
• Strong ability to read drawings and specifications;
• Functions effectively as part of a team;
• Exhibits strong leadership qualities;
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
• Delegates work appropriately;
• Strong decision making/problem solving skills;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Junior College or Vocational education desired;
• OSHA certification;
• First Aid/CPR certification;
• 5+ years of industry experience.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.