5 - 7 years experience •
SteelWave CDS, Inc is a design build general contractor wholly owned by SteelWave Inc., a leading vertically integrated real estate investment manager, owner and operator, with commercial assets in the western United States. Since 1973 SteelWave has acquired and developed 379 real estate assets at a cost of $8.78 B. We currently manage a 12,300,000 SF portfolio valued in excess of $2.7B. SteelWave CDS was established in 1996 and over the last ten years completed an average of $19M per year in renovation and tenant improvements for office, industrial and R&D projects.
SteelWave Superintendent is responsible for managing on site construction activities for a variety of tenant improvement and capital improvement projects in order to complete the work on time and on budget consistent with the Policy and Procedures of SteelWave CDS, LLC.
- Review plans and specifications to obtain clear and thorough understanding of scope of intended project
- Review lease exhibit, building work rules, city building and zoning restrictions to know restrictions and limitations of work site
- Confirm project subcontractor and vendor roster and verify buyout with project manager
- Develop detailed project schedule sufficient for management of and execution of the work
- Conduct weekly jobsite toolbox safety meetings
- Coordinate and schedule workmen
- Monitor subcontractor scheduled performance
- Conduct preconstruction conferences to make sure long lead materials will be delivered timely,
- Review and approve shop drawings for conformance to plans and specifications, and SteelWave building standards
- Make sure work progresses consistent with SteelWave ?Minding the Store? policy and procedure
- Provide tenants, property managers and building visitors with clean and safe work area
- Monitor subcontractor cleanup and provide additional cleanup as necessary to maintain clean work site
- Communicate project status reports to project manager, property manager and tenant
- Advise project manager and design staff of cost reduction options
- Pre-qualify contractors & subcontractors, solicit bids, conduct prebid conferences
- Supervise project subcontractors to assure quality work is completed on time and on budget
- Conduct punchlist inspections and manage contractors and vendors for timely completion
- Assure timely completion of punchlist items and project closeout
- Monitor monthly billings, project starts, substantial completion and project closeout status
- Manage field activities to prevent cost overruns or schedule delays`
- Manage team members to fully employ resources
- Coordinate with other SteelWave construction/project managers to assist with critical needs
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with contract terms and conditions, insurance requirements, quality of materials and workmanship and schedule
- Establish and maintain essential subcontractor and vendor resources
- Develop and maintain accurate unit cost estimates
- Scheduling with Microsoft Project
- Operate American Contractor job cost accounting systems
- Establish appropriate project management systems for request for information, clarifications, change order requests & submittals
Leadership & Management Capabilities
- Understand and advance SteelWave corporate goals and objectives for Excellence, Performance and Innovation
- Manage onsite work to provide exceptional customer service and build in conformance with ?Minding the Store? standards
- Manage and motovate project subcontractors and vendors to improve their performance
- Solicit and develop good working relationship with a variety of qualified subcontractors and vendors
- Quality and accurate work product delivered consistently on-time
- Uses sound judgment in decision making responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Superior skills in customer service, communication, supervision, estimating, scheduling, job cost control, subcontractor relations, and extensive knowledge of commercial general contracting. A minimum of 6years of project experience and a 4-yeardegree in construction, engineering or architecture is required
Language Ability: Professional level oral and written communication skills and able to effectively communicate with high level positions in the accounting and finance fields as well as a general contracting industry.
Math Ability: Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts to practical applications.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Procore, Bluebeam, E-mail, moderate to advanced MS Word, MS Project and Excel spreadsheet capability.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position requires strong leadership and supervisory skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands and fingers to type and process paperwork and to frequently talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs LCDs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is not usually quiet.