Westlake Chemical offers you the potential to enrich your work life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We work together to enhance peoples' lives through our products and presence in the communities in which we operate.
Manages the Lake Charles Process Control Department servicing the Lake Charles South and North Facilities. Meets internal customer requirements for the maintenance and application of automation technologies to sustain and improve the plant’s processes and communication systems.
- Supervises and assigns work to Process Control personnel
- Oversees training of Process Control personnel and evaluates proficiencies
- Provides performance and developmental goals for Process Control personnel
- Conducts performance reviews for Process Control personnel
- Oversees development of Capital Upgrade/Improvement Plan for Process Control and Safety Instrumented System hardware and software
- Performs a lead role in ensuring compliance with Safety Instrumented Systems Industry standards, including IEC 61511 / ISA 84.
- Oversees and coordinates compliance with Control System Network Security Policy
- Coordinates and prioritizes efforts of available resources to deliver on-time and on-budget completion of tasks and projects.
- Provides information to IE&C Manager in order to prepare annual expense budget
- Develops and maintains procedures and standards in the process control environment to continuously improve existing processes.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Operations, Engineering, Site and Corporate EHS consultants and vendors).
- Researches current process control industry initiatives, best practices, and standards in order to appraise applicability, leverage, and benefit the facility.
- Attracts and retains strong technical resources and supports the growth and development of technical team members.
- Bachelor degree in the field of Engineering strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of in the Industrial Automation sector.
- Solid understanding of the chemical process environment.
- Extensive knowledge of process control systems and solutions.
- Knowledge and experience in application and compliance of Safety Instrumented Systems
- Project management skills, including organizing, tracking, reporting and record keeping.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.