You're an experienced Superintendent, familiarwith Outside Plant or Telecommunications. You will be responsible for day to day operations, ensuring projects are completed on time and are functioning smoothly. You will also be implementing project plans and schedules, while ensuring safety and quality control. Throughout the project, you will also be responsible for delegating work to first staff, subcontractors, and also our own trades people.
Join our Technical Services team inLexington, KYtoday!
- Demonstrates leadership in and is accountable for all aspects of the health, safety and environmental protection on the project site.
- Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures subcontractors are meeting productivity expectations and that project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Anticipates client needs on construction related issues and can identify short and long term solutions.
- Leads development of project plans and monitors performance.
- Maintains a daily log of all aspects of onsite work within their area.
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program.
- Ensures that the project is built according to approved plans, specifications, drawings and applicable regulatory codes and that high quality standards are maintained.
- Develops, maintains and drives the constructionschedulein conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Strategically plans and implements resource levels and quantities while ensuring proper equipment, materials and subcontractors are available as required.
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the projects ongoing progression.
- Manage construction and provide full time inspection services to monitor and document construction activities to ensure that they meet all specifications.
- Oversees project reporting that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information.
- Shares expertise with colleagues and others; offers mentoring and guidance to others when requested.
- Performs other related duties as required to ensure the project plan is implemented efficiently
- 8+ years of fiber-optic networkconstructionexperience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification or education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common constructionprocesses
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and project management
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Skilled at promoting teamwork with project team and stakeholders
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiar with scheduling software
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements.