Job Overview: This position is accountable for providing marine project leadership and direction to Orion Marine Contractors, Inc. The incumbent reports to the Project Manager and directs field activities through the Foremen who report to this position. Typically, this individual will work closely with the Project Manager, VP Operations, Foremen, Project Engineer, Safety Representative, Boat Captain, Pile Drivers, Welders, Carpenters, Laborers and other skilled or semi-skilled craft persons on the work site.
- Works closely with the Project Manager to plan and execute marine projects and ensure their successful completion.
- Coordinates project objectives and plans with the Foremen and subcontractors as may be required, prior to actual construction.
- Works with members of the project team to secure the equipment necessary for the project to be completed.
- Attends pre-construction meetings to monitor the project status and obtain a grasp of the job scope and time schedule.
- Reviews the job schedule and cost breakdown and meets with the Project Manager to gain a complete understanding of potential challenges and problems prior to beginning the job.
- Maintains good working relationship with the Project Manager seeking his/her assistance in the scheduling of materials, equipment and subcontractors.
- A minimum of eight (8) years marine constructionexperience on work barges or jobsites or equivalent experience in a marine construction supervisory capacity.
- Incumbents must be well-versed in the receiving and handling of equipment used for marine operations.
- In addition, incumbents must have knowledge of the integration of various crafts to successfully perform their work.
- Craft knowledge should include piledriving, crane operations, concrete work, welding, carpentry, sandblasting, painting and related areas.
- Incumbents should also possess previous supervisory experience and be certified in First Aid and CPR.