Superintendent - New Construction
Oversees the daily construction activities at work site, including scheduling of workers, delivery of equipment and materials, and progress of the project. Works with contractors to complete project within the given budget and timeframe. Resolves contract disputes and arranges any necessary order changes. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent additional experience in related area.
- At least 10 years of multifamily superintendent experience in Wrap and/or Podium construction.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented; ability to manage conflicting priorities and to adjust priorities on a daily basis.
- Strong leadership and management skills; ability to direct a team and supervise vendors.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general and subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, construction means, methods and materials.
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Prepare and issue the site logistics plan, identify construction parking and staging areas.
- Have complete knowledge of all contract drawings and specifications. Maintain a working set of the latest issue construction drawings and specifications.
- Ensure change order approval has been secured before proceeding with any work outside the contract scope.
- Develop, produce, and issue the master construction schedule. Regularly review the work plan for the entire project and issue short term 2-week interval work schedules every week. Monitor and record actual construction progress on the planned master construction schedule.
- Plan the work and optimize field crews in order to achieve and maintain maximum trade productivity with the most efficient labor and material costs. Prepare and submit weekly labor detail reports.
- Develop and maintain production targets for all direct work. Communicate cost codes for timesheets and procedures for effective cost controls.
- Undertake new work activities only after proper and documented trade safety training has occurred. Enforce the safety plan.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor the activities of all subcontractors. Know the work of the subcontractors as well as they do.
- Initiate and hold weekly safety and subcontractor meetings. Record and issue meeting notes.
- Produce work quality which meets or exceeds company standards and all applicable code and contract requirements. Cooperate with and implement appropriate quality assurance programs.
- Maintain tools and equipment inventory and maintenance systems. Keep the Project Manager informed of needs and problems.
- Inform the Project Manager of the required delivery date of all permanent materials and equipment for communication to vendors, suppliers and/or subcontractors. The Project Superintendent is directly responsible for expediting all deliveries to the site.
- Keep daily diary of events. Prepare and submit daily diaries to the Project Manager if requested. The daily diary will become part of the close out documents.
- Handle all labor relations on the project. Keep Project Manager informed and obtain main office assistant when necessary.
- Keep the Project Manager informed at all times of project safety, schedule, and cost information.
- Review and approve timesheets of field personnel. Ensure correct hours and cost coding and supply an adequate narrative of work performed if requested.
- Assist the Project Manager with reviewing subcontractor’s monthly Payment applications.
- Conduct and deliver performance appraisals of all field personnel.
- Train all new personnel.
- Completes company required training by established deadline.
- Complies with all Fairfield standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned.
At Fairfield, we are proud to be a leader in the multifamily housing industry. We are passionate about creating exceptional and luxurious apartment living. Among the most experienced multifamily companies, Fairfield has developed and acquired over 1000 communities since 1985. We are an award-winning company that proudly employs over 1,400 associates who are dedicated to serving our customers at our apartment communities located in over 30 markets nationwide.
We have a great opportunity for you to work side by side with our passionate, bright and highly experienced professionals in the Multifamily Housing industry.
Why consider us?
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.
- Careers are made at Fairfield- We are committed to developing our staff through our robust in-person, online and social training. Promotions from within are encouraged.
- Environmentally Aware- Fairfield leads the industry through our Living Green Program and our LEED Certified communities.
- Award Winning- Fairfield is recognized for our customer service, training and professionalism.
- Cutting Edge Technology- Fairfield utilizes innovative property leasing and accounting software that maximizes productivity.
Estimated Rate of Pay:
$134,392.00 - $174,709.60
This position is exempt; the range above reflects annual salary.
The pay range displayed for this position is determined by skills and experience required, location and job complexity*. Potential job offers may vary based on the skills, education, and experience an individual candidate holds. This range reflects base rate only, and does not include allowances, perks, commissions or bonuses applicable to this position (if any). In addition to base salary, Fairfield offers all full time associates the following, upon meeting eligibility requirements:
- Paid time off, paid holidays and sick days, paid time off for volunteering activities (optional)
- Matched 401(k)
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
* Pay range is a calculation based on a midpoint price. Fairfield complies with all wage and hour laws, including minimum wage and salary exempt requirements.