Ranked by ENR among the Top 100 U.S. Contractors and Top 100 Design/Builders in the nation, McShane Construction has an opening for an experienced Superintendent with a strong track record of successfully completing multi-family housing, student housing, senior living, and/or hospitality projects. The individual will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of projects. McShane offers competitive salaries, vehicle allowances, and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, 401(k), and 15 PTO days for new hires.
- Review working drawings including architectural, structural, mechanical, civil, electrical and landscaping plans with respect to details, buildability, alternative methods, conflicts, and dimensions.
- Review the Building Specification to confirm material, subcontractor, and equipment criteria and identify potential project document conflict.
- Maintain and manage the jobsite including trailer, signage, material staging, vehicle access, and temporary utility access. Oversee an orderly system for maintaining project plans, communication, correspondence and subcontracts.
- Review, coordinate, and implement the safety measures and applicable company programs for the project required to conform with OSHA standards and to ensure a safe workplace.
- Maintain positive relationship with client, focused on identifying the critical path necessary to meet the owner’s desiredschedule.
- Conduct periodic project inspections with attention focused on owner's concerns.
- Monitor project labor productivity and keep the company informed of any deviations from the original budgets.
- Review project construction documents and identify required material quantities. Investigate material sources and make purchases based on delivery, availability, cost, and material specification requirements. Monitor actual project material quantity requirements and keep the company informed of any deviations from the original budgets.
- Completely review, coordinate, and implement the quality assurance program developed for the project.
- Review project shop drawing and construction documents to coordinate between different disciplines the actual project layout and filed conditions.
- Review project punchlist and oversee completion of all project disciplines necessary to receive a certificate of occupancy.
- 8+ years of experience in construction, preferably in single- or multi-family construction, including the supervision and management of individuals performing carpentry work
- Design/build experiencepreferred. Rough carpentry, finish carpentry, and concrete experiencepreferred.
- College education a plus.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods, etc.).
- Knowledge of local market preferred.
- Strong leadership/management skills and a proven record of building on schedule.
- Ability to identify, investigate and quantify project problems and corresponding alternatives and consequences.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, and work productively with others and foster solid client relationships.
- Proficient with project software (Prolog and/or Primavera).
- Ability to use a computer, the Internet, and word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and email software.