Directs activities of subcontractors and otherworkers concerned with construction of buildings, or otherconstruction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Studies specifications and drawings so as to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Assures procured tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Provides guidance to subcontractors and assists in solving problems associated with projects.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Confers with subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays and assure on-time delivery.
- Confers with subcontractors and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances associated with the project and with work force.
- Confers with architect and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to constructionschedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Conducts regular project reviews and maintain records of project progress.
- Advises Project Managers and Project Assistants of any issues associated with project.
- Assures all personnel are familiar with and adhere to safety regulations.
- Ensures that job trailers or Superintendent's trucks have copies of personnel policies and Job Safety Data Sheets/MSDS.
- Develops relationships with past, present and future clients.
- Recommends potential job opportunities to Marketing Department.
- Assists with client interviews.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; recognizing work performance and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 5 – 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience