$80K — $100K *
This Superintendent position is responsible for providing project supervision to construction sites operating out of the Everett, Washington area. Projects may include paving, underground or structures work. Specific project responsibilities will include being a part of our Project Management team and supervising, training & mentoring employees, foremen and other superintendents.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Comprehend and administer a safety program that provides for a safe work environment that meets or exceeds Granite’s Annual Incident Goal, and foster a culture that expects participation at all levels
2. Create and promote, in his/her organization, the ability to recognize and understand the appropriate environmental policies, rules, and the potential adverse affects to the environment due to operations, and take steps necessary to comply with policy/rules, and mitigate the effects of operations
3. Create and/or foster a quality culture that recognizes the affect of quality on all operations, and takes steps necessary to provide a product or service that is a source of pride for our workers, and pleasing to our customers
4. Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule and is staffed appropriately.
5. Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions and provide input with scheduling, engineering, and material control in order to make sure project objectives are met.
6. Supervise and direct field supervisors, superintendents and other contractors to ensure productivity, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project are met.
7. Interface with all on-site work teams (including subcontractors) as required, to resolve problems, ensure quality, safety, scheduling and achieving schedules in support of overall project objectives.
8. Assist project management in developing and implementing project Work Plans and procedures, working documents and standards to ensure project goals are achieved.
9. Comply, understand, and support corporate safety, quality and environmental initiatives to ensure a compliant work environment.
10. Recruit/recommend and hire qualified individuals to maintain high-performing teams.
11. Mentor construction craft, supervision and engineering staff to ensure individual development and Granite standards are met.
12. Analyze training needs and opportunities and work with senior leadership to ensure needs are being met.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
High School Diploma or equivalency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
Valid through: 9/28/2020